Harbaugh sleeping at recruit's house

GOAT

9 decommits in the past week. I wonder what happened. (seriously asking, not trying to make a joke)

9? I think 3 or 4 were probably 5th year grad transfers. The rest , minus Swenson, were lower level recruits going elsewhere. They also got 2 commits. Class was getting too full. They needed to make room. Still #3 on 247 composite.

Pretty crappy to make room 2 weeks before signing day then.

One kid, swenson, sounded like a dick move by the staff for sure. Unfortunately we can only get one side of the story until signing day. As for the 4 decommits, it was their choice and in most cases they had been looking around already. I suspect 2 more decommits soon. A couple kids whose recruiting blew up late and they are getting more attention and want to see if the grass is greener elsewhere. The kids who transferred have or will get their degrees and were buried on the depth chart. Can't blame for wanting more PT.

Rashad Weaver just had his offer pulled 1/2 hour ago.

They're also over their allowable commitments this year so more are coming.

Rashad was taking visits back in November, because he was not having much contact with the staff. Claimed he was told he had a 50/50 shot of having to gray shirt. If true, I will agree that is lame unless the possible gray shirt was mentioned up front and then became reality. They have 25 commits with 23 spots open. 25 is allowed. Urban got 27 or 28 his first full cycle with a waiver, didn't he? Michigan will do the same. There are more fifth year guys that won't get a scholarship...probably about 3 more. Nate Johnson committed quickly to his first big offer a few weeks back but is now looking like he will go to ND. Elliot took a visit to Texas a few weeks after committing to M. It looks like they might flip him too. So yeah, 2 more are probably gone as well. I doubt either were forced to look around. One had his recruiting blow up the other's parents want him in Texas.

Sound like it may have been a PWO option versus gray shirt. Even lamer if so.

I think each team gets 85. Michigan only had 81 on scholarship to start the season due to attrition.

In the crudest, most blunt and plain evaluation possible, one would start by saying that there are 11 scholarships to give to the to the 2015 class. If that’s how many the class ends up with, then there will be three more commitments over the next seven months and change, bringing Michigan up to 69 scholarship players scheduled to have eligibility in 2016. In that straight forward scenario, the Wolverines would have 16 scholarships to give as its starting point for the 2016 class.

http://www.maizeandbluenews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1732:very-early-look-at-2016-recruiting-scholarship-numbers&catid=21:recruiting&Itemid=96

So anything over 16 has to be dealt with removal of scholarship offer, transfers, cancellation of recruitment, or something like that.

I think each team gets 85. Michigan only had 81 on scholarship to start the season due to attrition.

In the crudest, most blunt and plain evaluation possible, one would start by saying that there are 11 scholarships to give to the to the 2015 class. If that’s how many the class ends up with, then there will be three more commitments over the next seven months and change, bringing Michigan up to 69 scholarship players scheduled to have eligibility in 2016. In that straight forward scenario, the Wolverines would have 16 scholarships to give as its starting point for the 2016 class.

http://www.maizeandbluenews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1732:very-early-look-at-2016-recruiting-scholarship-numbers&catid=21:recruiting&Itemid=96

So anything over 16 has to be dealt with removal of scholarship offer, transfers, cancellation of recruitment, or something like that.

The links you used are out of date. I looked at the 2015 distribution: 16 were not on the team by fall of 2015.

Russel Bellomy, Justince Hayes, Keith Heitzman, Blake Countess, Ondre Pipkins, Michael Ferns, Kyle Bosch, Dan Samuelson: transferred before 2015 fall camp even began.

Jack Miller: retired from Football

Dennis Norfleet, Logan Tuley-Tillman, Csonte York: Kicked off the team

Devin Funchess: playing in the Super bowl in two weeks.

Chris Fox: left football I think for medical reasons.

Garrett Taylor, Darrin Kirkland: were never part of last years class, bailed when Hoke got fired I think

There are probably more I missed.

The very early look at 2016 is way off. Chris Clark listed as a RS freshman??? He was the kid that went to UCLA and quit after the first game. He never even committed to Michigan.

There are 16 names on that list that never have or currently do not play for Michigan. Many of the names above plus Henry went to the NFL, Green, Richardson, Douglas and Gant are grad transfers.

That site has bad info.

I think Michigan had 16 to 18 scholarships available plus Henry, Green, Richardson, Douglas and Gant leaving early so far. That's 21 to 23.

My uncertainty on 21 to 23 involved 2 walks-ons that I think got scholarships. I see about 3 more 5th year guys and a QB that won't get any PT transferring.

I expect a 25-27 size class.

This site has it correct and is up to date.

http://mgoblog.com/content/michigan-depth-chart-class-0

They have 62 on the team and 24 (enrolled early or committed). Looks like they are 1 person over the limit as of today.

• Fire 1