Eichorst: Building Football Program is "a Process"

Mavric

Another thread hijacked.

BigRedBuster trying to make the thread about himself... in order to stop meaningful discussion...

CM once again trying to make the thread about Pelini (a former coach who will never return)... in order to stop meaningful discussion.

This is the best Nebraska football discussion board with some very intelligent and loyal fans who want the best for our program.

Unfortunately there are those here who do not want these subjects talked about and they are willing to wreck the place in order to stop that from happening.

Don't blame Buster. He's not the brain trust who took a thread to the dumper. And while we're at it, you're pretty predictable yourself.

HB has gotten to the point where all I need to do is look at the title of a thread and I already know the usual suspects will be in there dumping on Riley, SE or the 2015 season. Take a couple of things to the bank:

• We know what you're going to say......you've said it a thousand times. It wasn't intuitive the first time you said it and just like a three day fish, it hasn't gotten better with time.
  • Most of us know the 2015 needed to be better and that games were lost that shouldn't have been. WE..............GET...............IT. You DO NOT come off smarter by saying it yet again.
  • Fire 1

I get the desire to want MR to win and do well here. He is easy to root for and to be proud of, points made by SE.

But when it comes down to it, we have been waiting for certain lines of logic, that border on promises, to ring true. MR's record on those things is worse that his won-lost record.

We were told that he wouldn't force an offensive system on players who couldn't run it. That was B.S.

We were told that he was an experienced coach and said experience gives him a competitive advantage. But we lost a lot of close games where experience, one would assume, makes the difference.

We were told that he appreciated the culture here. Then we were told it had to change because it was a destructive culture left by Bo.

We were told MR liked the players he had, was impressed by our depth at a number of positions, and thought TA could be a great asset in the run game. Then he said and did things that ran completely contrary to that.

Lastly, we were told he could recruit. We were told that he had long standing relationships with all sorts of prospects who loved MR, but simply couldn't agree to come play for the Beavers. We were told that our facilities and support structures would be the difference and we would get those guys. All of that.... B.S. MR did what he could and admirably was able to keep Bo's class together. He added almost nothing to that class. This class lacks star power and we wonder where all those recruits were that he had great relationships with. MR is struggling to sign a class that's as good as what Bo did and Bo didn't exactly set the world on fire with his smile. MR has the Huskers rated No. 8 in the latest Rivals.com ratings.... for the Big 10. Guess we should all thank our lucky stars there are 14 teams in this league.

I can see us going up a spot in recruiting, but not much beyond middle of the pack in the league.

I look at what Tim is doing for the basketball team. We are in the middle of the pack for the league and, if we can keep our momentum going and catch a break, we might make the NCAA tourney. For me that's high times for the Husker cagers. If we win an NCAA game, that's a bonus.

The Husker football team is taking on an image under Riley where a middle of the pack finish in the league and a bowl game of any kind represent high times and a win in the bowl is icing on the cake. Forget the notion of playing for a national title for a second. High times for this program for me represented competing for, but not always winning the conference title, and more often that not, making a bowl game like one of the non semifinal New Year's Six.

I am frustrated because I don't think that expectation is going to be met anytime soon.

The underlined is a statement reportedly made by Riley, that is not what he said. However reading the rest of your post I can see where you problem is. You need to listen more closely especially if you want to report said words as facts.

Except Eichorst, when he had a coach that was 18-7 under his watch, couldn't be found in support of his coach and staff.

Bull. Eichorst has always been publicly complimentary and supportive of his coaches, after the seasons are over.

If Eichorst had an agenda to fire Pelini, he would have done it after Bo dared him too after Iowa 2013.

A. No Bo didn't dare him. That's a gross mischaracterization of Bo's exchange with that reporter. Bo said "the speculation had been a distraction, that he did not apologize for anything his team or coaches had done because he was proud of their performance, and said if they want to fire him, that wouldn't change how and why he felt proud of his guys." Go back and watch the PC. The "dared to fire him" was an invented narrative designed as click bait.

B. Eichorst wanted to fire him in '13. Hell, he was hired for that purpose. but TO and some regents got directly intervened to delay that.

C. Eichorst was only here for one post season with Bo and his letter (not interview) in support of Bo was about as bland and lawyerly as it gets.

The guy is two faced. You can agree with and support his decisions but you should acknowledge that basic fact. He changed his policy about in season support when it benefited him. He either lied in his PC about why Bo was fired or he's lying now.

The man is a liar.

OH MAN CM you need a comprehension test. I heard BO dare the NU to fire him on VID. You have a hearing problem.

Except Eichorst, when he had a coach that was 18-7 under his watch, couldn't be found in support of his coach and staff.

Bull. Eichorst has always been publicly complimentary and supportive of his coaches, after the seasons are over.

If Eichorst had an agenda to fire Pelini, he would have done it after Bo dared him too after Iowa 2013.

A. No Bo didn't dare him. That's a gross mischaracterization of Bo's exchange with that reporter. Bo said "the speculation had been a distraction, that he did not apologize for anything his team or coaches had done because he was proud of their performance, and said if they want to fire him, that wouldn't change how and why he felt proud of his guys." Go back and watch the PC. The "dared to fire him" was an invented narrative designed as click bait.

B. Eichorst wanted to fire him in '13. Hell, he was hired for that purpose. but TO and some regents got directly intervened to delay that.

C. Eichorst was only here for one post season with Bo and his letter (not interview) in support of Bo was about as bland and lawyerly as it gets.

The guy is two faced. You can agree with and support his decisions but you should acknowledge that basic fact. He changed his policy about in season support when it benefited him. He either lied in his PC about why Bo was fired or he's lying now.

The man is a liar.

OH MAN CM you need a comprehension test. I heard BO dare the NU to fire him on VID. You have a hearing problem.

Oh man RO, your hearing/comprehension is as bad as your ability to post with quotes

:facepalm:

If you're reaching for a miles and Riley comparison, stretch first so you don't pull a muscle.

If your trying to say that Eichorst is a hundredth the judge of coaching that TO, well, that doesn't even warrant a response.

No, genius. I'm merely applying your own standards of judgement to show what a tiresome hypocrite you are.

That escalated quickly...

Guy, you can't compare the Miles hire to the Riley hire and say that the same process or standards apply. I have no problem hiring a young "up and coming coach" (who happen to take over a poor program and move it from 7-20 to 20-12 during his tenure).

Hiring an aged career .500 coach whose program had been on the decline is more troublesome.

Sorry you think that's hypocritical.

The man is a liar.

Oh man RO, your hearing/comprehension is as bad as your ability to post with quotes

:facepalm:

Sorry you disapprove of my Win 10 os which makes this format look like crap. I agree its not the best. This forum is the only place it happens but it is difficult.

Now about CM and his hearing problem. I have made an appt down on O st for you and CM to get your hearing checked.

about 3.5 into it. Thank god we dont have to listen to his profanity laced outbursts anymore. Of course we know he was pimped by Harv and Shawn.

reading his quotes, it's fairly clear that Eichorst still thinks NU fans are stupid. And he continues to expose what a two faced lying jerk he is, and that's fine. He can continue to be that way.

Just don't ask me to support the guy. I hope he's summarily fired during the next year. Maybe once his emperor is gone. Cause clearly eich only got the job because he'd do perly's bidding. He had almost no other legitimate credentials for Nebraska.

It's understandable that you can see the obvious (in bold). I suspected this when ickyhorst got hired over Osborne's choice, but, now I can clearly see the obvious, and I don't rank anywhere near the intellectual prowess you do. The question is why more can't see this?

reading his quotes, it's fairly clear that Eichorst still thinks NU fans are stupid. And he continues to expose what a two faced lying jerk he is, and that's fine. He can continue to be that way.

Just don't ask me to support the guy. I hope he's summarily fired during the next year. Maybe once his emperor is gone. Cause clearly eich only got the job because he'd do perly's bidding. He had almost no other legitimate credentials for Nebraska.

It's understandable that you can see the obvious (in bold). I suspected this when ickyhorst got hired over Osborne's choice, but, now I can clearly see the obvious, and I don't rank anywhere near the intellectual prowess you do. The question is why more can't see this?

If the two of you represent "intellectual prowess" then the answer to your question is pretty obvious.

• Fire 3