What level of winning should we be seeing in a 15-year span?

What level of winning should we see in a 15 year span?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Again the reason we did not win is the reason Frank and Bo are no longer here. Had nothing to do with it. I will give you BC, but I honestly think we jumped the gun on that one to. The other two had too much baggage to be kept, win or lose.

I am not happy about our past 16 year by any means, but just because I am not happy about does not mean what I want will happen. We have fallen a long way. It takes time to climb back.

I have been on this board for a long time. Every year the normal is we are going to be in the MNC race. We are not, we are not close to that.

I voted in the original as one CC in the next 15 years, and stated that would be a 100% improvement.

History, tradition, past championships, Hypsman trophies mean absolutely nothing to the kids we need and want. Winning is all that is important and their perceived idea their coach/program can get them to the next level. Money is the bottom line. They don't come for the educational support if they are good enough to be a 5 star athlete normally. Their goal is the NFL, not Nebraska and then maybe the NFL. We are a hurdle they must get through or over. There are exceptions, but kids are not like they were 20 years ago. For the good or the bad makes no difference. We have to learn what they want, and how to get it to them. That is up to the staff and the administration. We have nothing to do with it.

We looked like a team the last four games. In honesty that is the first time in a very long time. There is hope. That is all I need. I had no hope before this coaching change. We have a good man running the program, as to whether our AD is good or bad, I have few qualifications to make a decision on that. I know I have never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, so I don't try to force things on anyone.

I don't really care or know that we *should* see something. I do think winning at the highest levels is the goal and it isn't easy. I care more that this program remains identifiably Nebraska to me in values. I expect that if the program gets off track in any way under one guy after a while, we'll see some coaching changes. Hopefully there's not too much drama and hopefully it's a lot of fun seasons in the meantime.

I think one national championship in the next 15 years is not unrealistic. I don't think we'll ever see the dominance of the 90s again. But get the right coach in here, mix it with our resources and fan support - it should burp out a NC at least once. Wisc, Iowa, MSU have no cultural or traditional advantages over the Huskers, yet MSU and Wisc have been top tier winners in the Big 10 and Iowa has risen out of the basement.

If they can do it, no reason NU cannot do it also. Yes, it starts wt a conference championship and we are long over due (sounds like an entitlement statement - but based on support and resources put into the program - it is earned). If MR doesn't get us over the hump then perhaps the powers will spend the money to get the right team here who can 'get r done'.