NARAL tweet

Apparently the folks at NARAL are up in arms that the folks that make Doritos have the audacity to "humanize" human fetuses. Am I missing something here in terms of human development where human fetuses are not human until some kind of magical transformation takes place?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/07/naral-attacks-doritos-ultrasound-super-bowl-ad-for-humanizing-fetuses/

This group sounds like a bunch of idiots. For the record I've watched the Doritos commercial twice and it has grossed me out and made me cringe both times. I hate it. But what they say about it is stupid.

As for the Marilyn Monroe commercial, what they say about that is stupid as well. If anything it's a feminist commercial. We see Willem Dafoe and immediately think he looks ridiculous trying to pose that way. But when it's Marilyn Monroe it's normal. Because men look goofy acting like sexual objects but women don't (but should). I'm overgeneralizing and overthinking it but there you go.

I thought the Doritos commercial was hilarious and so did my wife.

I don't remember the Marilyn Monroe commercial you talk about. But, what is wrong with either sex being sexual? Aren't we all sexual?

I have no moral/philosophical problem with the Doritos commercial for the record :P

I'm talking about objectification. When a woman does a slutty looking pose it's just the norm but when a man does it the reaction is that it's goofy and out of place. What's considered a sexy male pose is usually them standing looking confident/strong/powerful even if they're nude and with a woman it's having her skirt billow up or sticking her ass/tits out. There are many poses that women do that are considered ridiculous looking when men do them. Because they are ridiculous looking.

This parody Avengers poster comes to mind (I can't find the original one that had the female actress showing her ass).

avengers-spoof.jpg

This issue isn't really on my top ten list of things I give a crap about but... it exists.

I thought the Doritos commercial was hilarious and so did my wife.

I don't remember the Marilyn Monroe commercial you talk about. But, what is wrong with either sex being sexual? Aren't we all sexual?

I have no moral/philosophical problem with the Doritos commercial for the record :P

I'm talking about objectification. When a woman does a slutty looking pose it's just the norm but when a man does it the reaction is that it's goofy and out of place. What's considered a sexy male pose is usually them standing looking confident/strong/powerful even if they're nude and with a woman it's having her skirt billow up or sticking her ass/tits out. There are many poses that women do that are considered ridiculous looking when men do them. Because they are ridiculous looking.

This parody Avengers poster comes to mind (I can't find the original one that had the female actress showing her ass).

avengers-spoof.jpg

This issue isn't really on my top ten list of things I give a crap about but... it exists.

I just guess I'm not shocked that men find certain visions of women sexy and that's different than what women want to see in men.

Not on my priority list either.....moving on.

What is a fetus then? Is it a Ferrari? A spruce tree?

Some will have you believe they are not human. B/c in that case people couldnt kill them or they will have committed murder. I am not in that camp. If a fetus isnt a human, then what are we, the people who were born? And if we werent humans before being born, then what were we?
  • Fire 2