Defining the "Liberal Media" and the "Mainstream Media"

You are easily confused LOMS. Sorry to hear that. It's really not that complicated.

1. Point 1-Media bias exists everywhere (including the MSM), not just with "right-wing" media. So I agree that all of us can be influenced in some way by what we read, listen to, or view on television. The difference is how we form our own objective thoughts and opinions based upon those influences.

2. Whatever propaganda is coming from Rush and others on right-wing talk radio, I do not let that form my judgments and opinions which is where the 1st and 5th quotes you highlighted came from. Again, if that's hard for you to grasp, I will repeat it. Whatever propaganda is coming from Rush or others on right-wing talk radio, I do not let that form my judgments and opinions which is where the 1st and 5th quotes you highlighted came from. Do you understand or should I repeat again?

3. I provided an example just happening this week of the hypocrisy of the MSM in terms of how they critiqued Bush 43 during Katrina, but have waited several days to offer any criticism of Obama. Are you going to admit that they have a double standard in these two examples or simply choose to rehearse your talking points because you don't want to admit the MSM has bias?

Let me ask you this.

Do you think it was the media criticizing Bush or do you think they were reporting on criticism of Bush? Big distinction.

And....like has been pointed out, comparing Katrina to these floods is completely ridiculous.

I think the media is criticizing Bush by injecting their negative coverage time to him during Katrina. They could have taken it easy on Bush as they have with Obama so far but they chose not to.

Regardless if it's apples to apples, as you said earlier you felt in both cases there should not have been a negative spotlight on Bush or Obama, yet that spotlight was very much on Bush and has been lacking on Obama. If you want to continue to believe there is no bias in the MSM reporting so be it. We will just have to disagree on this, but I will continue to provide examples in this thread as they arise.

My question is very important to the discussion.

Was it the media criticizing him or were they reporting on criticism of Bush?

It's the job of the media to report on what is happening. If there is a group of people making a big stink about Bush wanting to kill black people and blow up the bank of the river to do it, I'm not going to criticize the media for reporting that someone is criticizing him for that.

Right now, I don't see any major groups criticizing Obama for these floods. In large part, because it would be absolutely stupid to do. Now, when they were criticizing Bush, it was idiotic. However, those criticisms still were being put out. So...the media reported it.

If someone all of a sudden created a criticism of Pete Rickets claiming he secretly hates farmers and is out to destroy the farming industry in Nebraska, I expect the media to report that. BUT.....that doesn't mean the media has some liberal bias against Rickets. They are simply reporting what is being said.

PS...the author of the article is an idiot for even trying to equate the two events in Louisiana.

There have been complaints...many coming from the victims themselves in Louisiana.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/trump-takes-role-president-hard-hit-louisiana/

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/our_views/article_f1ce22ee-64b4-11e6-b11a-a393ff25161d.html

Local papers had written about the need for his help and attention too a couple days ago.

Did you miss these?

ABC News

NBC News

CNN

CBS Local

LA Times

OH....and the funny one that popped up....LOL....wait....guess who it is from????

BIAS ALERT: Media that ripped Bush on Katrina ignores Obama on La. flooding

YES...as I said earlier, many of the national outlets are just now rolling in today with the criticism, but it's taken way longer than with Katrina. I watched GMA this morning and Robin Roberts who I think is great pointed out that the media has not done a good job of covering this story and just how bad things are. Today seems to be the turning point for this story thankfully. Maybe it took the awareness of Trump to head down there to get some media attention on it. :)

Did you miss these?

ABC News

NBC News

CNN

CBS Local

LA Times

OH....and the funny one that popped up....LOL....wait....guess who it is from????

YES...as I said earlier, many of the national outlets are just now rolling in today with the criticism, but it's taken way longer than with Katrina. I watched GMA this morning and Robin Roberts who I think is great pointed out that the media has not done a good job of covering this story and just how bad things are. Today seems to be the turning point for this story thankfully. Maybe it took the awareness of Trump to head down there to get some media attention on it. :)

At least 3 of them are from yesterday.

Can you tell me how many days after Katrina the media started reporting on criticism of him?

I'm assuming your smily face at the end is proof about how funny the thought is that Trump somehow has made a difference here.

• Fire 1

Lt. Gov. Billy Nungesser, a frequent Obama administration critic, has repeatedly praised the federal response to the flooding.

“The president issued a disaster declaration and indicated to Gov. Edwards that his administration will continue to stay in close touch with local officials and mobilize federal resources, and has asked his team to make sure all available federal resources are being utilized to assist in the response and recovery effort,” said Jennifer Friedman, a White House spokeswoman.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump plans to visit the state Friday, and opened his Thursday evening rally by talking about the flooding.

It sure seems like the federal response to Lousiana *has* been on point, and that Donald Trump's photo op is no more than sheer cynical opportunism.

Consider me stunned if this ends up being the case. Keep fighting the good fight, bnilhome. #MSM!

• Fire 2

Did you miss these?

ABC News

NBC News

CNN

CBS Local

LA Times

Can you tell me how many days after Katrina the media started reporting on criticism of him?

I'm assuming your smily face at the end is proof about how funny the thought is that Trump somehow has made a difference here.

Hurricane Katrina made landfall on Monday, August 29. The damage and flooding got really bad by Tuesday, August 30. President Bush returned to Washington from his vacation by that Wednesday (within 2 days) and toured the damage by that Friday. Meanwhile, the Louisiana flooding started to get bad last Friday night, got really bad by Saturday, and was devastating by Sunday. Obama has remained on vacation all week, and now only plans to visit next week after Trump showed him up today. Just a couple days ago Obama's team was saying he had no plans to visit.

Here's a breakdown comparing the two responses.

http://ijr.com/opinion/2016/08/259328-11-years-apart-8-ways-president-bush-obama-differ-responses-louisiana-flooding/

Lt. Gov. Billy Nungesser, a frequent Obama administration critic, has repeatedly praised the federal response to the flooding.

“The president issued a disaster declaration and indicated to Gov. Edwards that his administration will continue to stay in close touch with local officials and mobilize federal resources, and has asked his team to make sure all available federal resources are being utilized to assist in the response and recovery effort,” said Jennifer Friedman, a White House spokeswoman.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump plans to visit the state Friday, and opened his Thursday evening rally by talking about the flooding.

It sure seems like the federal response to Lousiana *has* been on point, and that Donald Trump's photo op is no more than sheer cynical opportunism.

Consider me stunned if this ends up being the case. Keep fighting the good fight, bnilhome. #MSM!

I need some of what you are smoking zoogs. You are persistent about always bashing Trump and Republicans, and never admitting when Obama has done something wrong. I have openly called Trump a douchebag on here more than once when he has acted like one. Well, Obama has acted the same this whole week and has his priorities backwards, but I realize you are not able to remove your partisan hat and admit any Obama wrongdoing, whether its with this or with the Iran ransom payment. You actually would have more credibility on here if you would be willing to admit wrong on both sides of the aisle.

Do you read your posts?

I guess this is your style to throw around vague accusations that you feel somehow has an impact. If you are insinuating that Obama's not showing up is a "scandal" I would disagree with that. It was wrong and showed extremely poor judgment in my opinion. The larger point here is the hypocrisy in the delayed criticism he received relative to Bush with Katrina.

And, you still have yet to admit Obama was wrong to stay on vacation and has not done enough on this crisis facing Louisiana, but that's the pattern. You only throw stones at the opposing party and refuse to criticize your candidates despite when it's obvious they have messed up.

Hurricane Katrina made landfall on Monday, August 29. The damage and flooding got really bad by Tuesday, August 30. President Bush returned to Washington from his vacation by that Wednesday (within 2 days) and toured the damage by that Friday. Meanwhile, the Louisiana flooding started to get bad last Friday night, got really bad by Saturday, and was devastating by Sunday. Obama has remained on vacation all week, and now only plans to visit next week after Trump showed him up today. Just a couple days ago Obama's team was saying he had no plans to visit.

You didn't, at all, answer the question about how long it took the media to start criticizing Bush.

Did you miss these?

ABC News

NBC News

CNN

CBS Local

LA Times

Here's a breakdown comparing the two responses.

http://ijr.com/opinion/2016/08/259328-11-years-apart-8-ways-president-bush-obama-differ-responses-louisiana-flooding/

Wow....gotta hand it to you. You're trying really hard on this.

Can you tell me precisly when people in both situations started complaining about the Prsdudent so that the press could start covering it?

You didn't, at all, answer the question about how long it took the media to start criticizing Bush.

Yes, I did explain it. Katrina hit on a Monday and by that Thursday the complaints were coming in and the media was covering the fallout by that Friday, so within 3 to 4 days of it happening. With the 2016 flooding beginning last Saturday, it's taken 6 to 7 days before the media has begun to "question" whether Obama should still be on vacation golfing. Now the next 2 weeks will show whether the bias continues as Bush was hammered for weeks and months after Katrina, with some claiming his response would ruin his legacy. I have offered enough proof...why don't you start showing some proof that the MSM is treating Bush and Obama fairly in these situations. Please lay out your timeline and examples. I'll be waiting.