Same Spring Hype...but more meat than fluff this year?

Watching some of the videos, reading some of the articles, it is obvious that Spring football brings out the optimist in even the most critical fan. Spring after Spring we hear..."They are buying in"...."new level of commitment"....."think Bobby Jo Somebody will have a break out year"...etc, etc, etc. Of course we hear those things, but it seems there is a bit of a different feel to it this year. Maybe more low key with specifics. Take the Tanner Farmer video....he owned the fact he needed to work on things, to get serious and make changes...then dropped almost 40 lbs and added strength. Devine O giving details on what he (not we, me) needs to do better on compared to last year. Coaches being optimistic but not blowing "best defense since 2010" smoke up our skirts. Feel to me like quietly optimistic, bring your lunch pail and go to work attitude building here. More of an "earn it" rather than "deserve it" mentality.

Or is it just Spring and I'm reading more into it than I should? Heh, heh.

Either way....I am stoked and feel good about the Huskers.

• Fire 3

Watching some of the videos, reading some of the articles, it is obvious that Spring football brings out the optimist in even the most critical fan. Spring after Spring we hear..."They are buying in"...."new level of commitment"....."think Bobby Jo Somebody will have a break out year"...etc, etc, etc. Of course we hear those things, but it seems there is a bit of a different feel to it this year. Maybe more low key with specifics. Take the Tanner Farmer video....he owned the fact he needed to work on things, to get serious and make changes...then dropped almost 40 lbs and added strength. Devine O giving details on what he (not we, me) needs to do better on compared to last year. Coaches being optimistic but not blowing "best defense since 2010" smoke up our skirts. Feel to me like quietly optimistic, bring your lunch pail and go to work attitude building here. More of an "earn it" rather than "deserve it" mentality.

Or is it just Spring and I'm reading more into it than I should? Heh, heh.

Either way....I am stoked and feel good about the Huskers.

That's what it's all about. :)

Maybe it's that I haven't been paying as much attention this year compared to others, but to me the spring seems much more low key and comfortable than last season, and even moreso than the last few. Seems like there's been little sunshine pumping, little injuries, little hype, just a steady, consistent confidence in what's at work.

Maybe it's that I haven't been paying as much attention this year compared to others, but to me the spring seems much more low key and comfortable than last season, and even moreso than the last few. Seems like there's been little sunshine pumping, little injuries, little hype, just a steady, consistent confidence in what's at work.

And that's exactly what I like about it.