Betting Line for Huskers Wins at 9.5

1970s - 6.1 players per year

1980s - 4.6 players per year

1990s - 5.9 players per year

2000s - 4.1 players per year

2010s - 3.7 players per year

Need to raise the talent level, then we'll be in good shape again (hopefully)

Thanks for the data. I think you have to take these numbers with a small grain of salt, though. With pairity in CFB increasing since the 90's or so, I would guess that we are not the only program with a similar downturn in drafted players in the 2000's and 2010's. The talent is spread out a little more now. What I'm saying is that comparing eras is not an apples-to-apples thing.

• Fire 1

NU will be favored in all but two games this year. They will have out recruited all but two opponents this year (maybe even just one, not sure about Oregon), they have a coach that is the all team win leader at his old school and is one of the most respected minds in the game today.

There are 10 wins built in...I think the problem is how you look at "built in"...I look at it like this...all the staff has to do is not f#*k things up. Sometimes great coaches get in their own way from time to time.

Bo had 10 wins built in a lot of times...and he would f#*k it up or his team would go out and have 27 penalties...

Why in the world would you think with our current talent level that 10 wins are built in? Pure delusion. I doubt Osborne would go 10-2 with our current roster vs Oregon, at Ohio State, at Wisconsin, at Iowa, at NW and others.

We need a better roster before there are 10 built in wins on any schedule we'll see. We're still starting guys like Dzuris.

Because there's only 2 teams that we play who are higher on this list.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite

The "lack of talent" myth needs to die a painful death this offseason. Do we have holes on the depth chart? Yes. So do 120 of the 128 FBS teams.

We're still more talented than most our peers, and easily more talented than the rest of our division.

I am not sure how the lack of talent myth got started but I am guessing it was a pro-riley agenda thing. Why are some of us fans acting like Nebraska is now Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle University...like we borrow helmets from the YMCA and the players bring their own water bottles to the games.

• Fire 2

NU will be favored in all but two games this year. They will have out recruited all but two opponents this year (maybe even just one, not sure about Oregon), they have a coach that is the all team win leader at his old school and is one of the most respected minds in the game today.

There are 10 wins built in...I think the problem is how you look at "built in"...I look at it like this...all the staff has to do is not f#*k things up. Sometimes great coaches get in their own way from time to time.

Bo had 10 wins built in a lot of times...and he would f#*k it up or his team would go out and have 27 penalties...

being favored by 3 or less is way closer to a "coin flip" then "built in win" - I would say 11 points or more is "built in" and 7 points or more as "pretty likely". Could or should we win 10 - yes, but not "built in". We haven't had double digit built in wins since the 90's.

being favored by 3 or less is way closer to a "coin flip" then "built in win" - I would say 11 points or more is "built in" and 7 points or more as "pretty likely". Could or should we win 10 - yes, but not "built in". We haven't had double digit built in wins since the 90's.

I think it's more that we have not had good coaching something 90s. Just look at last year's games… How many of those games looking back at it now should Nebraska have lost? The winds were built in last year and they are built in this year… It just matters if we put the final nail into the building so to speak

Was it coaches or players? - if truely "built in" then the team should get the W even if the coaches and/or players don't come with their best stuff.

Probably best to agree to disagree.

Well, they still have to play the game. On paper and according to betting lines and game lines they are at 9.5. I totally get what you are saying but NU has better talent than all but one (maybe two) teams that they will face this year.

I think when I say "Built in" you mean "gimmie" I think we are kind of on the same page we just sort of use different phrases.

I agree with the talent deal. We only have one team that has clearly better talent then us and they are the only game that we will see as us being a decent # dog. However i feel that there will be about 5 games that our talent is equal or only slightly better - with that being said we should be favored in all or most, however non are considered "gimmie" or "built in". There will be about 5/6 games that we have solid advantage in talent and would consider them as "gimmie" or "built in", however as you stated we do need to show up and play atleast at a solid level. Can't pull an ISU in 2009ish and have 7ish turnovers and expect to win.

I agree with the talent deal. We only have one team that has clearly better talent then us and they are the only game that we will see as us being a decent # dog. However i feel that there will be about 5 games that our talent is equal or only slightly better - with that being said we should be favored in all or most, however non are considered "gimmie" or "built in". There will be about 5/6 games that we have solid advantage in talent and would consider them as "gimmie" or "built in", however as you stated we do need to show up and play atleast at a solid level. Can't pull an ISU in 2009ish and have 7ish turnovers and expect to win.

I think that is what I meant to say...Nebraska (if it plays how they can vs the 10 built in win teams) will win those 10.