Fall Camp Position Battles - Offensive Line

Latest word: The line was bound for an overhaul after losing four seniors, but there is optimism for this unit to improve in 2016. It will start with Nick Gates at left tackle and Dylan Utter at center, both moving away from their starting spots of a year ago. Tanner Farmer at right guard and David Knevel at right tackle will be new No. 1s, but there’s uncertainty at left guard after the season-ending injury to Jerald Foster. Overall, line coach Mike Cavanaugh is looking for a more physical, punishing bunch.

OWH

I'll take our offense over theirs any day of the week... Seems like their defense has been what has kept them towards the top.

You must not have been paying attention the last 3 years.

Funny you say that. Michigan St. has beat us twice in total offense since we joined and that was in 2011 and 2014, other then that, it hasn't been close.

Total Offense Rank:

YR NU MSU

2015 34 73

2014 33 11

2013 59 81

2012 26 97

2011 66 56

Thanks for the data..... I believe when we revisit this on January 10th we will chalk up another win over MSU

I think Hahn is a great story to start, but I am sure the coaches want to preserve Boe Wilson's redshirt for this season, so they are going to hope that Whitaker and the other guard from Oklahoma can get healthy and be the man.

I would hope we can redshirt Boe and keep that class off the field this fall. They are going to be the anchor to a pretty fantastic offense in years to come.