Tommy Armstrong Inconsistency, Michael Rose-Ivey Injury

this kid has never had a true QB coach. Was recruited as a running QB, not NFL type QB. He has suffered with coaching since he got here, will never see football as a QB after he leaves Nebraska. Put the blame on his limits by those that recruited him, never recruited true competition for him to develop. We tend to blame the kids it seems, and the problems are far above the players level.

He is a square peg in a round hole, but both he and the staff are working hard for him to improve. It is an ability problem, and most of it was from the prior head coach, that did not have a clue about recruiting nor developing a QB.

I do not believe the change in coaches hurt Tommy. I think he is receiving far more coaching at truly becoming a QB than he ever did before.

We need to see how he plays the games. I am not expecting to see Peyton Manning out there this year, but I do think we will see improvement, and better decisions being made. Not only by Tommy but he coaching staff working more towards his god given talents. We just need to be careful, as there really is not much behind him.

The thing about Tommy is that he'll play lights out and highly efficiently if he's put into a groove early. Unfortunately, that groove is pretty narrowly defined and hard to get into. The UCLA game is a great example, and not just because we only threw the ball 16 times or whatever it was. In fact, Tommy has played very efficiently/great in all of his bowl games, where the staff has had more of an ability to dissect exactly what the best approach to the game will be.