Nebraska mentioned as one of 5 possible landing spots for WR Tyron Johnson

"5 star receiver transferring from a top school and might interested in us? Nah, leave him be, dont' need him."

Yeah, the people saying let him be confuse me. We're actively recruiting WRs right now. Yes it means we only get a 3 year player, but still. If the kid can ball and we can bring him in we should do it.

Well he's transferring already. Wants to go to a place with a more wide open offense. obviously to get his. Which is fine. That's his perogative. Obviously he didnt give enough thought into his first choice who has always been run heavy and cant develop a qb to save their ass. Now he's tuckin tail. I'm just sayin dont put all the eggs in that basket. If this were a super high profile qb or OT, sure. But it's a wideout. Meh. If he really wants to be here sure. but I wouldnt put tons of energy into it. There are probably liek 18 more important things to focus on first. All this is is a way for fans to say "look at us!!" with the hype train of another high caliber player, who would probably show up with a "me" attitude, get lost in our log jam, and wanna leave again in a year anyway

Jordan Stevenson anyone?

Well he's transferring already. Wants to go to a place with a more wide open offense. obviously to get his. Which is fine. That's his perogative. Obviously he didnt give enough thought into his first choice who has always been run heavy and cant develop a qb to save their ass. Now he's tuckin tail. I'm just sayin dont put all the eggs in that basket. If this were a super high profile qb or OT, sure. But it's a wideout. Meh. If he really wants to be here sure. but I wouldnt put tons of energy into it. There are probably liek 18 more important things to focus on first. All this is is a way for fans to say "look at us!!" with the hype train of another high caliber player, who would probably show up with a "me" attitude, get lost in our log jam, and wanna leave again in a year anyway

Jordan Stevenson anyone?

Jordan Stevenson was a weird last minute addition (if memory serves me right). We had the open slot and a random high potential player who wanted to give us a shot. I'd take a flyer on that.

Until we have all our WRs for the 17 class signed, I say recruit him hard. You don't get to ease off the gas until after signing day if you want to compete.

Im just iffy on transfers. Always have been. How many times do we have the discussion about guys leaving here, and about how many actually go somewhere else with sucess. He was at LSU one year. and is already leaving. Is open about why. Like i said. Its fine. He can do that. But that dont mean I think he'd be a great fit. Obviously he hasnt learned how to grind yet

I'll have to trust the coaches on this one and especially the lead recruiter. If they dig into his reasons for leaving and decide he would be a solid addition to our team then I'm all in. Maybe the kid just wanted to enroll at his in state school with friends and wanted to be close to home and when he got there it wasn't what he expected. No harm in changing your mind.

Im just iffy on transfers. Always have been. How many times do we have the discussion about guys leaving here, and about how many actually go somewhere else with sucess. He was at LSU one year. and is already leaving. Is open about why. Like i said. Its fine. He can do that. But that dont mean I think he'd be a great fit. Obviously he hasnt learned how to grind yet

That's actually an interesting question. Do we have a thread or anything about all the players who have transferred from Nebraska. The guys that come to mind for me right away are Tyler Moore who had an ok but not great career, Braylon Heard (meh), and Aaron Green who put up 1200 yards last season but I think went undrafted. Know we also had a bunch of guys end up at Kentucky, but can't rattle them off.

I get so F'ing tired of hearing people b***** about going after five star receivers. And their argument is "we should be focusing on the lines". They are not mutually exclusive. If you have a chance at bringing someone in who makes your team better then do it.

We really should be focusing on the lines. And QB's. Excel in those two area, and you or i could be an effective receiver or running back. This is called common sense football.

LSU has a Heisman candidate running back, an upperclassman number 1 receiver (Dupre), a fifth year as number 2 (Dural), and a 6'5 red zone freshman (Anderson)

Johnson wants reps. LSU's offense isn't geared to accommodate the amount of receivers they have. Yet, they still recruit and get top talent. NU (Oklahoma State and Texas Tech) is a better fit for him.

I get so F'ing tired of hearing people b***** about going after five star receivers. And their argument is "we should be focusing on the lines". They are not mutually exclusive. If you have a chance at bringing someone in who makes your team better then do it.

We really should be focusing on the lines. And QB's. Excel in those two area, and you or i could be an effective receiver or running back. This is called common sense football.

I agree without good line play you're not going to be successful at anything. But because we have the attention of a lot top skill players doesn't mean we're not going after good lineman too. Adding talent to the roster at any position is never a bad thing.

• Fire 2

I agree without good line play you're not going to be successful at anything. But because we have the attention of a lot top skill players doesn't mean we're not going after good lineman too. Adding talent to the roster at any position is never a bad thing.

Inaccurate

Inaccurate

So I just want to check in. Are you suggesting you would prefer all of our coaches (regardless of position group) to be focusing on recruiting lines until those slots are filled?

I'm also confused as to why you think adding talent can be bad (unless they're like a clubhouse cancer...which to be fair worked out pretty well for us with LP).

• Fire 1

Inaccurate

So I just want to check in. Are you suggesting you would prefer all of our coaches (regardless of position group) to be focusing on recruiting lines until those slots are filled?

I'm also confused as to why you think adding talent can be bad (unless they're like a clubhouse cancer...which to be fair worked out pretty well for us with LP).

LP as in Lawrence Phillips?

And yes. Clubhouse cancer is what I'm referring to. It's a double edged sword bringing in "outsiders" to situation that is already pretty good. it's all I'm saying.

yeah, I meant all our coaches focus only on olines. your literal-taking is ridiculously stupid. this is why its so hard to have legit convo with so many of you types here now. no one wants to think.

I'll have to trust the coaches on this one and especially the lead recruiter. If they dig into his reasons for leaving and decide he would be a solid addition to our team then I'm all in. Maybe the kid just wanted to enroll at his in state school with friends and wanted to be close to home and when he got there it wasn't what he expected. No harm in changing your mind.

spot on. Put the trust in them to make the right decision. Im just stating my opinions on the matter, which arent really that extreme i dont think.