Gary Johnson and the Libertarian Party

:backtotopic So do any of you think that if Johnson gets into the debates he could pull off a win or will he just do damage to either Trump or Hillary equally? Any chance voters decide to move in mass away from their vomit bags to vote for him as the 'cleaner option'?

It might be wishful thinking but, if he gets into the debates, anything is possible. He shows up a few times, is a voice of reason, isn't a liar, cheat, pompous ass and doesn't propose some crazy crap.......sure, why not.

You've got to be able to see when people you don't know personally exist.

Of course some of them exist. I've already explained twice why I don't think it is as many as you think it is. I just think many who are supporting him are doing it out of some sort of necessity and not necessarily a desire for most of what he is proposing or of him personally. Believe it or not, it is not that wild of a notion for someone to be so against Hillary or what they perceive to be pretty far left politics to latch onto another bad choice that they just don't see as being as bad. It doesnt make them died in the wool Trump lovers. They may feel it is their only option that isnt Hillary or the dems. That's just my opinion. At least I hope we don't have a significant portion of either party that really fully supports him or Hillary. I think the predominate view is, these are the candidates we got stuck with and now we have to beat the other side. That logic is pretty hard to argue with as I haven't seen very many at all that are happy with either one and that seems to be the rationale for most on either side. Most people are stuck in this lesser of two evils mode. If you disagree, fine, but don't act like it's some crazy idea. It's all we've seen on HB for quite some time. A few in this camp and a few in that camp and the vast majority stuck in between, dissatisfied with both but still planning on going with one of two worthless candidates.

:backtotopic So do any of you think that if Johnson gets into the debates he could pull off a win or will he just do damage to either Trump or Hillary equally? Any chance voters decide to move in mass away from their vomit bags to vote for him as the 'cleaner option'?

If he gets in the debates, it's possible that he might be able to convince some big money guys to back him. If that happens and he can form a good team around him....it could get very interesting.

But, like he said himself....if he isn't in the debates, he doesn't have a chance.

If he gets in the debates, it's possible that he might be able to convince some big money guys to back him. If that happens and he can form a good team around him....it could get very interesting.

But, like he said himself....if he isn't in the debates, he doesn't have a chance.

We can only hope that Hillary implodes on the email/foundation/health issues and Trump keeps exposing himself as a buffoon. Then voters will have a bent up demand for someone else. I just think it will be hard to pry the fingers of the 40-45% who always vote dem away from Hillary. We know Trump has his crazy supporters that make up less than 30% of the general electorate - the rest of his support is really soft IMHO and could go elsewhere if a real alternative became available.

We can only hope that Hillary implodes on the email/foundation/health issues and Trump keeps exposing himself as a buffoon. Then voters will have a bent up demand for someone else. I just think it will be hard to pry the fingers of the 40-45% who always vote dem away from Hillary. We know Trump has his crazy supporters that make up less than 30% of the general electorate - the rest of his support is really soft IMHO and could go elsewhere if a real alternative became available.

I pretty much agree. I think there is way more of the Trump crowd than Hillary crowd that is just tagging along because they think that's their only option.

Hillary is much more of a traditional candidate and one heck of a lot of Democrats are excited about having such an amazing person and the first female as President. (Their feelings not mine.)

Even though Hillary is extremely corrupt, her voters have become numb to it.

I don't feel the same about a lot of trump voters. I feel there are a lot of people voting for him and really cringing and embarrassed while doing it.

Johnson/Weld have been airing a lot of radio spots (at least on the classic rock station I listen to out of the Fort Collins/Loveland area) in Colorado. I find them refreshing because he is actually talking about some issues and presenting their ticket as the option to prevent simply more of the same that we have been getting forever from both the repubs and dems. I'm not sure how effective the radio spots are or if they are gaining him any ground but I have to believe many people appreciate some actual talk about issues in a calm and responsible manner as opposed to nothing more than the violent mudslinging coming from the other two. I really wish people would realize that it is not an impossible or futile task to challenge and beat the two majors, especially considering that their candidates have no business being within a stones throw of the White House. Come on people, vote FOR something rather than just voting against something. If you think about it for just a little bit, it is a much more logical and useful way to help things get headed in right direction. Clinton or Trump will just assure the status quo and likely further movement in the wrong direction for this country. Those two worthless parties will maintain their stranglehold on this country for as long as we the people allow them to. Shake it up.