Wyoming safety Andrew Wingard has Nebraska ties

dutchgunz

Hey Everyone,

Wyoming fan here. I thought you all might find this video of Andrew Wingard interesting. Nebraska boy, who was a freshman all american for the Cowboys last year. He's one of our best defensive players. Very physical and very fast.

Very much looking forward to this game. Hoping for no injuries and a Cowboy win!

Go Pokes!

Edited by Mavric
Merged threads - edited title for description
  • Fire 1

That's not how I remember it but you could see for yourself, Count.

The Virginian's posts

Yep. So. Not him. All those were in regards to the 2011 matchup. This was 2013. There was someone I recall. I think it was just freindly banter, but I recall us pretty much being pretty overconfident in Martinez going for 300/150 and 4 TD's every week..........

The Virginian's posts

Yep. So. Not him. All those were in regards to the 2011 matchup. This was 2013. There was someone I recall. I think it was just freindly banter, but I recall us pretty much being pretty overconfident in Martinez going for 300/150 and 4 TD's every week..........

I definitely remember that, too. I may have even been one of the overconfident ones. There were comments like dvdcrr's "mop the floor with your @$$" comment in this very thread. I believe the general feeling was that we were going to beat Wyoming pretty solidly in 2013.

Too bad Brad Smith & Co. didn't get that memo.

The Virginian's posts

I definitely remember that, too. I may have even been one of the overconfident ones. There were comments like dvdcrr's "mop the floor with your @$$" comment in this very thread. I believe the general feeling was that we were going to beat Wyoming pretty solidly in 2013.

Too bad Brad Smith & Co. didn't get that memo.

Apparently no one did. Including our defensive staff.

Yeah and when we were about to close the door on them the ref flagged Gregory for roughing the passer (kinda tough luck as Brad Smith ducked into the sack looking like a clothesline) inside their 10-15 on 3rd down and then they go on to punch it in to cut the lead and scare the willys out of us. Nonetheless Wyoming came to play a game and they were bruisers.