Nebraska's Michael Rose-Ivey receives racial backlash for anthem protest

Someone who thinks "Blacks were oppressed >= 50 years ago" and it's in the past isn't worth talking to on this matter.

I did not say that it was in the past. I said it is not related to the topic that this thread points out. I love being ridiculed for having differing opinions. Not once have I ridiculed someone for having a differing opinion on mine, I try and fire back a constructive argument.

If I combined half the hate I have gotten on this thread and said it out loud, I would be rightfully banned. Calling someone "not worth talking to on this matter" or "ignorant" is not a way to sway them to your side. It is a way to get them pissed off and hate your side even more. Everybody has opinions that not everybody will agree with, but can't we at least be a bit respectful while still disagreeing?

If I combined half the hate I have gotten on this thread and said it out loud, I would be rightfully banned. Calling someone "not worth talking to on this matter" or "ignorant" is not a way to sway them to your side. It is a way to get them pissed off and hate your side even more. Everybody has opinions that not everybody will agree with, but can't we at least be a bit respectful while still disagreeing?

but when the statements aren't untrue they aren't really hate. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. If your believe the oppression of just 50 years ago doesn't factor into this debate yout indeed lack knowledge on this topic. I saw it more as an observation than an insult

Someone should start a football topic in P&R. See how long it stays there.

by all means let's move the thread to P&R

I have been trying for the past page to get the thread back to the topic of protesting the anthem. If it's not going to, then by all means let's do it.
We are having a discussion on police brutality and the need or no need of law enforcement reform. The protest is meant to draw attention to police brutality and shootings. I think we are right on topic, or at least within the range of the topic

I will change gears if your think there is a point to discuss that is more relevant to the topic of the thread.

I have been trying for the past page to get the thread back to the topic of protesting the anthem. If it's not going to, then by all means let's do it.
We are having a discussion on police brutality and the need or no need of law enforcement reform. The protest is meant to draw attention to police brutality and shootings. I think we are right on topic, or at least within the range of the topic

I will change gears if your think there is a point to discuss that is more relevant to the topic of the thread.

Anthem protests are bad and so is the motive.

There is my insightfulness.

Someone who thinks "Blacks were oppressed >= 50 years ago" and it's in the past isn't worth talking to on this matter.

I did not say that it was in the past. I said it is not related to the topic that this thread points out. I love being ridiculed for having differing opinions. Not once have I ridiculed someone for having a differing opinion on mine, I try and fire back a constructive argument.

It has a whole hell of a lot to do with this thread, and there's no point in discussing this topic with people who can't see that.

You don't seem to know what the words ridicule or hate mean. Even in saying that I'm not ridiculing you. I'm slightly closer to it than I was before but not quite there.

what is the motive in your opinion?

Read everything I said in the last page.

Read everything I said in the last page.
I want to know because if your believe the motive relates to police brutality, and you think that motive is wrong because you don't think brutality exists that's fine. But what do you have to say about the 117 countries in the UN that slammed the US on police brutality last year? Why are other countries warning people of color traveling to the United States about the police? Is this all media propaganda or is there something real behind it?

This is an honest question and I will accept your answer either way because I honestly believe it's some of both.

You aren't going to be swayed. You've said so earlier in this thread. The fact that you ignore evidence that refutes points you try to make proves that you are ignorant to what the protests are about and have no desire to learn.

And like Nebfanatic said, ignorance is merely a lack of knowledge. There are many topics I am ignorant about. But I don't go on message boards to try and have a discussion about those topics.

• Fire 1

You aren't going to be swayed. You've said so earlier in this thread. The fact that you ignore evidence that refutes points you try to make proves that you are ignorant to what the protests are about and have no desire to learn.

And like Nebfanatic said, ignorance is merely a lack of knowledge. There are many topics I am ignorant about. But I don't go on message boards to try and have a discussion about those topics.

I made my first comment on page 3 because I hate anthem protests. I wasn't intending to get this into it. Simple as that.

I made my first comment on page 3 because I hate anthem protests. I wasn't intending to get this into it. Simple as that.

Nobody is forcing you to post in this thread.

But when you do, you are taking part in a discussion. If you refuse to see the other side and refuse to learn about why they are protesting, you are going to get backlash.

Nobody is forcing you to post in this thread.

But when you do, you are taking part in a discussion. If you refuse to see the other side and refuse to learn about why they are protesting, you are going to get backlash.

I see the other side, and I don't like it. Either you are doing the same thing as me, or you are refusing to see my side yourself.