NU #9 in AP; #10 in Coaches after Wisconsin loss (Week 10 polls)

Kernal

So beat Ohio State and suddenly you have talks of Nebraska eyeing a playoff spot.

This may set up better for our playoff bid if we can pull out the win

The nice thing (although this is a huge hypothetical based on us beating OSU) is since they have 2 losses, we wouldn't have to play them again as long as Michigan has 0 or 1 conference losses. So even if OSU beats Michigan, they won't have a revenge game against us.

So beat Ohio State and suddenly you have talks of Nebraska eyeing a playoff spot.

This may set up better for our playoff bid if we can pull out the win

The nice thing (although this is a huge hypothetical based on us beating OSU) is since they have 2 losses, we wouldn't have to play them again as long as Michigan has 0 or 1 conference losses. So even if OSU beats Michigan, they won't have a revenge game against us.

One of the sweetest benefits if we were able to beat OSU next week is shutting up BTN and all the sports pundits who have done nothing but talk about the Michigan-OSU game all year. If we beat OSU, that game isn't so big anymore.

One of the sweetest benefits if we were able to beat OSU next week is shutting up BTN and all the sports pundits who have done nothing but talk about the Michigan-OSU game all year. If we beat OSU, that game isn't so big anymore.

Maybe, maybe not. If we beat OSU and they win their next two after, all that needs to happen is Penn State to drop one and Michigan to drop one for "The Game" to be the B1G East decider.

(I think. PSU is at 2 conf losses but holds tiebreaker over OSU, Michigan needs to lose one and then lose to OSU and OSU would have the tiebreaker over them).

Maybe, maybe not. If we beat OSU and they win their next two after, all that needs to happen is Penn State to drop one and Michigan to drop one for "The Game" to be the B1G East decider.

(I think. PSU is at 2 conf losses but holds tiebreaker over OSU, Michigan needs to lose one and then lose to OSU and OSU would have the tiebreaker over them).

Sure, lot's of hypotheticals. But assuming everybody else wins the games they're "supposed" to. If we beat OSU then lost to Iowa or Minny, or Maryland, we're right back in the same boat as if we were to lose to OSU and win the rest.

And assuming everybody wins the games they're supposed to, if we beat OSU we would likely get Michigan in the CCG. That would be fun.

First of all, was really pulling for you guys last night! Looking forward to this week's game in Cbus. Hope your traveling fans are welcomed as well as as Buckeye fans were in Lincoln.

The tiebreakers in the East stand as this right now....If UM and OSU wwin out going into "The Game", and PSU wins out, the OSU/UM winner holds all the tiebreakers. PSU has 1 conference loss and a non-conference loss to Pitt. If UM beats OSU, they win the division outright. If OSU beats UM, It creates a three way tie with all three teams having identical records. OSU goes to the Chamionship game by virtue of head to head over UM, and PSU having two losses overall. This of course, only applies if OSU and UM don't drop another game somewhere. Hope for a great game this week, and will you guys PLEASE,PLEASE take Tim Beck back??!?

• Fire 1

First of all, was really pulling for you guys last night! Looking forward to this week's game in Cbus. Hope your traveling fans are welcomed as well as as Buckeye fans were in Lincoln.

The tiebreakers in the East stand as this right now....If UM and OSU wwin out going into "The Game", and PSU wins out, the OSU/UM winner holds all the tiebreakers. PSU has 1 conference loss and a non-conference loss to Pitt. If UM beats OSU, they win the division outright. If OSU beats UM, It creates a three way tie with all three teams having identical records. OSU goes to the Chamionship game by virtue of head to head over UM, and PSU having two losses overall. This of course, only applies if OSU and UM don't drop another game somewhere. Hope for a great game this week, and will you guys PLEASE,PLEASE take Tim Beck back??!?

I thought PSU only had one conference loss, do they play anyone down the stretch?

Some on this board may trade Danny Langsdorf for Beck (not me, you can keep him!)

If Wyoming hadn't lost to Eastern Michigan (by 3 points) they'd be ranked today. If they win out I think they'll end up ranked.

Wyoming knocked off Boise, so they are not hurting us.

If NW can beat Wiscy next week then it does not matter if we beat OSU. If we win out after OSU we go to INDY!! So we have to be NW fans for at least one day.

If Wyoming hadn't lost to Eastern Michigan (by 3 points) they'd be ranked today. If they win out I think they'll end up ranked.

Wyoming knocked off Boise, so they are not hurting us.

If NW can beat Wiscy next week then it does not matter if we beat OSU. If we win out after OSU we go to INDY!! So we have to be NW fans for at least one day.

I know. That's why I was saying they would be ranked today if not for that loss. Because they beat Boise State. They maybe should be ranked anyway.

Sure, lot's of hypotheticals. But assuming everybody else wins the games they're "supposed" to. If we beat OSU then lost to Iowa or Minny, or Maryland, we're right back in the same boat as if we were to lose to OSU and win the rest.

And assuming everybody wins the games they're supposed to, if we beat OSU we would likely get Michigan in the CCG. That would be fun.

I want to play Michigan. Unless we lose to OSU and end up in the B1G championship. Then I want us to have a 2nd chance at OSU.

I thought PSU only had one conference loss, do they play anyone down the stretch?

Some on this board may trade Danny Langsdorf for Beck (not me, you can keep him!)

C'mon man! We'll send Beck back to you really cheap! Ha!

PSU has a conference loss to UM and a non conference loss in week two to Pitt. The B!G tie breakers are a little confusing, but if it comes down to OSU,UM and PSU in a trhee way tie with one loss each (OSU has to beat UM in this scenario) then it goes to the 5th tiebreaker, which is overall record. The loss to Pitt takes PSU out of it. If UM or especially OSU losses before they play each other, then it comes down to UM or PSU. As for schedule, PSU still has to play Iowa (Night game at PSU) and at Indiana. Those are probably the only teams left that could realistically have a shot beating them.Rutgers hates them with a passion, and gets them at home, but it's Rutgers.......Nuff said.

I want to play Michigan. Unless we lose to OSU and end up in the B1G championship. Then I want us to have a 2nd chance at OSU.

As do I, just win this weekend and bring on big blue.....after they lose to Ohio State. :)

Man. Let no Husker fan ever say we don't get respect. Nebraska has gotten so much positive press this year and the polls have been more than fair to us.

What a nice start to the season we've had.

For once in a long time, we are being talked about positively. I'll take it. Only helps..... Folks might not be saying we are back, but they are saying we need to be watched. Definitely not overlooked.

• Fire 1