Jackson GONE

This is the natural progression of college football....Every school has kids leave their program for whatever reason. Leon tried safety and it didn't work, Leon tried IB and it didn't work, so Leon chose to find another option at a different school, end of story. To sit here and blame the coaching staff is a bit crazy. Sooner or later the kids themselves need to take responsibility for their own actions and people need to stop blaming the coaches for everything, gets old to listen to and read.

I wish him well...and I blame the staff for not puting him in a position to get a lot of playtime. He has all the tools so why not use it!?

I agree. The guy has skills. Wish it would have worked out better. He seemed to be a class act. Washingtons coach is a slimeball. He doesnt deserve that caliber of player.

Lets go easy guys. I didn't mean to get anyone riled up when I said I blamed the coaches for this...but I can just bet callahan and company didn't want him to go and if it was me I would do anything at all possible to keep him playing for my team.

Anything? Like give him a start spot or the 2 deep? Cuz that's what he wanted.

Lets go easy guys. I didn't mean to get anyone riled up when I said I blamed the coaches for this...but I can just bet callahan and company didn't want him to go and if it was me I would do anything at all possible to keep him playing for my team.

Anything? Like give him a start spot or the 2 deep? Cuz that's what he wanted.

lol...anything as in talking to him...

Outside of safety, what positions do you think he could have made an immediate impact? 

I guess I fail to see how this is the coaches fault when they gave him shots at RB twice and twice he's failed.  He moved back to that spot off of defense because he wanted to.  Coaches didn't make him do it.  Even the WR's are deep with talent with more coming.  Safety was his best chance and he decided against it.  Also none of us really know how well he was even practicing there although it did sound like he was struggling.

I say good luck to Leon if he wants to play running back. According to the coaches evaluations, he wasn't as far along as Cody Glenn and Marlon Lucky. He volunteered to move to safety because he thought it was his best chance to get on the field and he had problems getting the hang of the gameplan from week to week. He also tried WR, and he didn't stick there either. Where do you put a kid that is behind 2 guys at RB, can't learn the safety position, and didn't stick at WR? I sure hope he can find his way somewhere else. I think he probably would have been able to give more competition for the rb job if he had never VOLUNTARILY moved to the safety position in hopes of more playing time.

It seems like Leon wasn't patient enough. He tried safety and that didn't work out, he was buried behind talent at rb, and also tried WR. He is only a Fr. If he would have stuck to the safety position I think he would have been able to contribute after a year of experience. It seems like a lot of the fr. came in expecting to start and that was not the case. I wish he would have just stuck to safety gone through the learning curve and developed into a starter by year 2 or 3. The kid is an athlete and has talent. Best of luck.

Outside of safety, what positions do you think he could have made an immediate impact? 

I guess I fail to see how this is the coaches fault when they gave him shots at RB twice and twice he's failed.  He moved back to that spot off of defense because he wanted to.  Coaches didn't make him do it.  Even the WR's are deep with talent with more coming.  Safety was his best chance and he decided against it.  Also none of us really know how well he was even practicing there although it did sound like he was struggling.

I say good luck to Leon if he wants to play running back. According to the coaches evaluations, he wasn't as far along as Cody Glenn and Marlon Lucky. He volunteered to move to safety because he thought it was his best chance to get on the field and he had problems getting the hang of the gameplan from week to week. He also tried WR, and he didn't stick there either. Where do you put a kid that is behind 2 guys at RB, can't learn the safety position, and didn't stick at WR? I sure hope he can find his way somewhere else. I think he probably would have been able to give more competition for the rb job if he had never VOLUNTARILY moved to the safety position in hopes of more playing time.

It seems like Leon wasn't patient enough. He tried safety and that didn't work out, he was buried behind talent at rb, and also tried WR. He is only a Fr. If he would have stuck to the safety position I think he would have been able to contribute after a year of experience. It seems like a lot of the fr. came in expecting to start and that was not the case. I wish he would have just stuck to safety gone through the learning curve and developed into a starter by year 2 or 3. The kid is an athlete and has talent. Best of luck.

What sucks for him is that he blew his RS last season doing almost nothing but being on kickoff coverage...

if i remember right he asked the coaches to move to the defense, they didnt ask him to switch. then when he wasnt getting the defense down fast enough he asked to go back to offense.

IMO there is another reason for him leaving not just playing time. maybe he is just home sick or something and unless he tells no one will ever know.

good luck leon

if i remember right he asked the coaches to move to the defense, they didnt ask him to switch. then when he wasnt getting the defense down fast enough he asked to go back to offense.

IMO there is another reason for him leaving not just playing time. maybe he is just home sick or something and unless he tells no one will ever know.

good luck leon

I'm sure 95% of it is pt. These 4 and 5 star recruits are going to have the hype attitude that they want to play right away or bye bye. I could see Brooks leaving fairly quickly aswell.

if i remember right he asked the coaches to move to the defense, they didnt ask him to switch.  then when he wasnt getting the defense down fast enough he asked to go back to offense. 

IMO there is another reason for him leaving not just playing time.  maybe he is just home sick or something and unless he tells no one will ever know.

good luck leon

I'm sure 95% of it is pt. These 4 and 5 star recruits are going to have the hype attitude that they want to play right away or bye bye. I could see Brooks leaving fairly quickly aswell.

Brooks still needs to prove himself IMO...he hasn't done anything special while here so far that we know of. Needs to learn his routes, get into some games, and catch a few balls for us...and of course stay injury free. He won't leave I don't think...isn't he having a pretty good off season all around?