you don't want to admit it

marko polo

The "we need a big name hire" argument is hilarious because every single one of those prospects started as a no-name, and most were hired by big time schools before they were completely proven commodities.

I hate to say it but Riley was a proven career .504 commodity before coming here. Hiring friends and blowout losses kind of reaffirm that.
At a historically .400 school before he arrived

He hasn't only coached at OSU.

And iirc, he never bested the best season of the guy he succeeded.

The "we need a big name hire" argument is hilarious because every single one of those prospects started as a no-name, and most were hired by big time schools before they were completely proven commodities.

I hate to say it but Riley was a proven career .504 commodity before coming here. Hiring friends and blowout losses kind of reaffirm that.

My post had nothing to do with Mike Riley.

At a historically .400 school before he arrived
He hasn't only coached at OSU.

And iirc, he never bested the best season of the guy he succeeded.

and the NFL isn't a predictor of college success (Nick Saban) and that was a team he helped put together.

I don't get why people think someone with Nebraska ties will lead us to the promise land. Seriously, just because Frost played here doesn't mean he would be the best coach for us. Isn't he running sort of the same offense at UCF that he did at Oregon?

It's not necessarily that they have a better likelihood of leaving us there, but a lower likelihood of leaving us before/after they do.

Scott Frost becomes the next Nebraska coach, he'll probably stay the coach until he's fired or he retires. Jim Harbaugh/Les Miles/Gary Patterson/David Shaw/Chris Petersen/PJ Fleck/Tom Herman/whoever becomes the next Nebraska coach, they're gone as soon as they have some great success and get offered a bigger paycheck from an easier school to succeed at.

I don't get why people think someone with Nebraska ties will lead us to the promise land. Seriously, just because Frost played here doesn't mean he would be the best coach for us. Isn't he running sort of the same offense at UCF that he did at Oregon?

It's not necessarily that they have a better likelihood of leaving us there, but a lower likelihood of leaving us before/after they do.

Scott Frost becomes the next Nebraska coach, he'll probably stay the coach until he's fired or he retires. Jim Harbaugh/Les Miles/Gary Patterson/David Shaw/Chris Petersen/PJ Fleck/Tom Herman/whoever becomes the next Nebraska coach, they're gone as soon as they have some great success and get offered a bigger paycheck from an easier school to succeed at.

But how do you figure that? There is nothing to lead one to believe Frost would even be any good and you should want him.