Bring back any former coach

Ok. I'll bite. Bill Callahan, to coach the offensive line ONLY.

Agree with this. Guy is probably the best offensive line coach in football

it helps when you are coaching the most talented line in football, but he is a fantastic O line coach

He's with the Redskins now, not the Cowboys.

Huh....I thought he would be with the US Bobsled team, teaching them how to go downhill fast.

• Fire 1

I say Craig Bohl after one more year at WY, he has excelled as a head coach. His players play like they have a chip on their shoulders. They play like they want to win, he also seems to develop talent! QB's at ND State!

Might want to re-watch the 2001 NU-CU game (Warning-keep a bucket handy) and realize he was mostly responsible for our defensive performance in that game.

I say Craig Bohl after one more year at WY, he has excelled as a head coach. His players play like they have a chip on their shoulders. They play like they want to win, he also seems to develop talent! QB's at ND State!

Might want to re-watch the 2001 NU-CU game (Warning-keep a bucket handy) and realize he was mostly responsible for our defensive performance in that game.

Yep, he was a terrible DC here as he wasted a ton of talent that Charlie left him. One of the worst individual calls ever made by a DC was against KSU in their place on a 3rd and long (I believe it was like 17 or so) at their own 3 and he played a prevent defense instead of bringing pressure. They got the first down and ran out the clock for what I believe was their second strait win against us in Mancrappin.

He like Frank and Bo seem to do well at lower levels, which is great for them as there is nothing wrong with having success at lower levels of CFB. With that being said, it doesn't mean they were a good fit for NU at the time or now.

I'd go back in time and see what Solich/Pelini would've done with 2 more years together.

They probably have a few more bad recruiting classes and still get fired. But I agree with you because of the 2003 season's record people needed to see another poor year under Frank to get everyone to accept that he needed to be fired. It was justified when it happened, but it was obviously handled very poorly due to Peterson's arrogance and ignorance. It is very likely that 2004/2005 wouldn't have been great years for us and then the timing would have been better to let Frank and company go for everyone involved.

That is how a leader (AD) is supposed to handle these situations because you have to look at the issue from all angles, not just the emotional one of getting blown out vs any team with a pulse and beating bad teams. Unfortunately we are still not out of that rut 16 years later.

• Fire 1