Music City Bowl vs Tennessee

Saunders

42 of those yards were on one Ozigbo run.

I don't understand what run concepts the coaches are trying to do out there. For 2 years, the most successful running plays were Armstrong keepers. They have no solid run game with RB's.

That's because Riley's comments about wanting to be "in the conference's top 3 in rushing" is mere coach speak/lip service to the fans.

Riley is a pass first, pass second, pass third offensive coach. He only uses the run game to try and keep the defense honest.

He doesn't believe in the running game and it'll never be the focal point of his offense.

I want Mike Riley to succeed. I want him to win conference and national championships. I want him to go out on top. But he won't. Because he still doesn't how to win the Big 10.

I think it's absolutely stupid we didn't attempt to establish a better run game. Sure our starter was lost in the first half and our stud Fresh couldn't play, but gimme a damn break. We made their D Line look like Bama...61 yards rushing. Smfh.

The problem is only partially our talent level. I would say, if I had to put a % to it, talent is 15% of our current woes.

On offense, along the OL, establishing the run, being physical, and wanting to whip the guy in front of you, is more about attitude and will than talent.

On defense, our CBs play 10 yards off. They literally concede any throw 4-5 yards. And our tackling...atrocious.

I love Nebraska. I want us to win. I want Mike Riley to win. But we're soft and unless Mike Riley finally realizes that, and takes steps to instill toughness and physicality, we're always going to be bridesmaids in the Big 10.

• Fire 1