Music City Bowl vs Tennessee

Saunders

So how many on this board truly believe that we will win this game tomorrow? I really hope we will win and I will be very sad of my huskers lose, but the stuff that these coaches say during interviews makes me really wonder if they have a clue of how to coach our players. Tomorrow will be very interesting to see if they can overcome adversity with this many key players out.

GO BIG RED!

I think this game is going to be about like Ohio St.

Curious why you think that

Lack of depth at key positions, starting QB is out, staring QB has a cast on his non throwing wrist, best WR is out, starting Safety is out, LB that contributes a fair amount is out, one of the younger stronger RB's is out, UT has a boat load more talent and it's essentially a home game for them.

Not saying I hope NU gets blown out, I just don't see a lot of positives or things that would make me think differently. Perhaps they'll put it together and make a game of it. I'm just not banking on it.

So how many on this board truly believe that we will win this game tomorrow? I really hope we will win and I will be very sad of my huskers lose, but the stuff that these coaches say during interviews makes me really wonder if they have a clue of how to coach our players. Tomorrow will be very interesting to see if they can overcome adversity with this many key players out.

GO BIG RED!

Lack of depth at key positions, starting QB is out, best WR is out, starting Safety is out, LB that contributes a fair amount is out, one of the younger stronger RB's is out, UT has a boat load more talent and it's essentially a home game for them.

So the fact they are pretty banged up too and have had a pretty crummy season overall puts them on par with Ohio State why?

GO BIG RED!

Lack of depth at key positions, starting QB is out, best WR is out, starting Safety is out, LB that contributes a fair amount is out, one of the younger stronger RB's is out, UT has a boat load more talent and it's essentially a home game for them.

So the fact they are pretty banged up too and have had a pretty crummy season overall puts them on par with Ohio State why?

I did not say they were Ohio State. I said I think the game will be similar. Iowa is not Ohio State, yet they still seemed to handle NU just fine.

They have SEC talent. The last 4 years they've had top 20 classes, with the last two being in the top 5.

NU could literally not be more vulnerable, having so many players out and playing a solid SEC team.

GO BIG RED!

We don't ever blow anyone out, so I wouldn't worry about that. I agree we have more overall talent but keep in mind that even before we had all the injuries, Appalachian State still took us to overtime in Knoxville the first game of the season. If we hadn't recovered a fumble in the end zone, we probably would have lost that game. My point being that Tennessee is a team that just seems to have not gelled since the very beginning of the season. I expect this to be a close game and I'd say it's about 50/50 in terms of the outcome.

There is a possibility that Tennessee comes out and blows the doors off of Nebraska. But they haven't done that to anyone all year, even against the crappy teams they played early. App State took them to OT and they lost to Vandy.

I see this game much like the Wisconsin game this year. Great effort but we come up short in the end due to mental mistakes.

I have zero idea what to expect, from either team. 40-10 either way wouldn't shock me I guess. Neither would 6-9 or 55-60.

6-9 would shock me...our defense just isn't capable of that.
Our offense is.

Only way I could possibly see something like that happen is if your coaches refuse to run the ball and try to go air raid with Fyfe.

I have zero idea what to expect, from either team. 40-10 either way wouldn't shock me I guess. Neither would 6-9 or 55-60.

6-9 would shock me...our defense just isn't capable of that.
Our offense is.

Only way I could possibly see something like that happen is if your coaches refuse to run the ball and try to go air raid with Fyfe.

Funny you should say that...