Music City Bowl vs Tennessee

Saunders

It seems like destiny has already given Mike Riley his golden excuse for the loss. "We did not have our key weapons on the field". The truth of the matter is that this game will be a good measure of where we will be next year. We are losing so many weapons and we have no idea what we have in the cupboard. I am afraid it is going to be a bad bowl loss and a bad start for next year. Of course, we can always hope for miracles but after the Iowa game, Mike Riley and company stole what is left of my hopes and dreams.

It seems like destiny has already given Mike Riley his golden excuse for the loss. "We did not have our key weapons on the field". The truth of the matter is that this game will be a good measure of where we will be next year. We are losing so many weapons and we have no idea what we have in the cupboard. I am afraid it is going to be a bad bowl loss and a bad start for next year. Of course, we can always hope for miracles but after the Iowa game, Mike Riley and company stole what is left of my hopes and dreams.

The bowl will barely resemble anything we do next year...

Why would this game be a good measure of where we will be next year?

If your hopes and dreams include a quarterback who can complete more than 51% of his passes, I have good news for you.

Why would this game be a good measure of where we will be next year?

If your hopes and dreams include a quarterback who can complete more than 51% of his passes, I have good news for you.

It's not a good measure, my guess is it's just an excuse to bag on Riley and Co again for not winning the national championship this season.

I want to see some freakin wrinkles in the dang offense. With a banged up QB, need to find more ways to put 2 RB's on the field and/or run the wildcat.

Can't remember the game but it was either San Diego State or Arkansas St lined up 3 players behind the QB all in a straight line, motioned the TE I think over to the sideline and faked the hand off to one RB and ran an option to get a 1st down or a TD.

I mean ... I'm pretty much with you on the first line. Been saying our offense - especially the running game - has been pretty vanilla since Langs has been here.

That being said, I'm not particularly convinced that we need to do things completely different (not that you said that). If we could find a couple wrinkles in the running game and dial up the same passing game plan that let both Ryker and TA complete about 70% in a couple games we wouldn't be in bad shape.

Been screaming for a wildcat look all year. It isn't so much needing a gimmick but more of giving an opponent a different look as well as putting your guys in a position to succeed using their strengths. A DPE attacking the edge in a wildcat has more probability for success than him running any jet sweep

With Langs, if we ran DPE in the Wildcat it would probably be right up the middle.

So unfortunately true

Truth