Ohio State vs. Clemson

Mavric

The final on this game and the Michigan game tells me 1 thing.

We're not as far off as people think we are. For them to argue otherwise is dumb.

Clemson and Alabama are on a level all by themselves this year. The game between them should be epic. Ohio St. was the best the B1G had to offer this year and we weren't even close to them.

Sadly, if some of you are arguing that Ohio State is not that good, afterall, then that makes Nebraska horrible by comparison. I don't think that is true. It does remind us that college football is played by a bunch of 19 20 and 21 year old 'kids' that have grown up in a different era of instant everything and the 'reset' button just a couple feet away. I see this as one of the biggest issues for teams today is trying to get the kind of 'do or die' effort from their players in a society in which 'do or die' is a video game cliche' and in reality there is no such thing as 'die' (just restart).

The kind of pain and heartbreak that used to be felt by the fans and most certainly the players after a loss on the football field seems to have 'died' a similar techno death in which a simple reset and restart and its 'nevermind' as though it never happened or didn't really matter. I believe this attitude is pervasive in our society today and is probably not healthy in some ways. Perhaps the athletes of the past somehow cared too muich and should have had that 'it is just a silly game and not one of the things truly important in life' mentality? I rather think not though.

I believe the heart and desire to win and the hurt inside from losing is sorely lacking amongst far too many athletes (and many others within our society today) today. There never seems to be the kind of anquish and disappointment that eminates from the locker room and the voices of the players in today's sports. Maybe this is just me getting a little too close to senior citizen age ?