What Will You Do If We Land 3 Commits Saturday?

The writing was on the wall. Problem is, most Husker fans want to ignore it or pretend it's not there.

It's the same f'ing problem we have had since Tom retired! Stop acting like you are dropping knowledge all over this board, all you're dropping is the same crap you always do until your sock gets banned!

The writing was on the wall. Problem is, most Husker fans want to ignore it or pretend it's not there.

It's the same f'ing problem we have had since Tom retired! Stop acting like you are dropping knowledge all over this board, all you're dropping is the same crap you always do until your sock gets banned!

LOL, why are you so mad, bro? The reason why I repeat myself is because people refuse to acknowledge the ongoing problem. Today is a prime example. I predicted us to land one of the four, and even saying that I was labeled a Debbie Downer. Really? It was fairly obvious to me that the only guy we stood a realistic shot of landing was Calvin. Yet, very few Husker fans wanted to acknowledge that, and I just don't understand why. Having hope is one thing, but you've also gotta be realistic. And for some reason, any time me (or another poster who sees things from a realistic view) says anything, we are crucified. Yet who are the ones mad and complaining now? Point proven.

• Fire 1

Pretty much EVERYONE knew Calvin was our best shot with Darnay being a stretch. You literally proved nothing. Even if you honestly think you did, you want some sort of congratulations? Fine:

Congratulations! You successfully read the same information that Mavric and others posted and came to the same conclusion he did. Only you did it with a pompous attitude and a whole crapload of unwarranted "I told you s!"'s ready to go.

My only question is, what will your next account name be?

Actually, you're wrong with that presumption. There were many who thought we had a decent chance at landing Filaga, Holmes, and/or Sarell. The thread title in itself proves that.

Just because I disagree with your opinion doesn't make it necessarily wrong, and vice-versa... although up to this point, my viewpoints have rung true pretty much every time.

On the flip side, I can guarantee that if we had landed 3 of them, there would be plenty of people saying, "Haha, we told you so." It works both ways.

The vast majority of people who visit the recruiting forum regularly thought that 1 was a lock, 1 was 50/50 at best due to late steam, and the other 2 were slim to none.

But keep changing the facts to fit your narrative.

No narrative. The posts in this thread nullify the validity of your post. Bottom line is, I'm batting 1000 this year. I predicted every win and every loss, including saying that the Buckeyes would beat us by at least 40. Only thing I was wrong about was saying that the Wisconsin game would be close. I said Tennessee would win the bowl, and we'd finish 9-4. Through it all I was called a Debbie downer and negative nancy, but I'm ok with it. Sadly, this is what I've come to expect from this program. It's also what I've come to expect from most of the fans -- any inking of pessimism or negativity is frowned upon -- ignoring the writing on the wall or pretending it's not there isn't going to change things; it only prolongs things. That's the current state of the program. You think you're helping, but defending subpar performance is actually part of the problem, not the solution. You will never see me complaining about it, just stating the obvious which so many others refuse to acknowledge. Next year we'll go 6-6, and that's being generous.

If by "there were many" you mean MattyIce trying to rally people into being positive, then maybe your analysis would ring true.

But actually if you read through the threads you can see pretty clearly that with the information available, most expected Calvin to be N and Darnay was 50/50 at best and I highly doubt anybody expected Foster Sarell to be N.

If we went 3/3 the other day the board would have lost it's sh#t. Yeah, you probably catch some deserved I told you so's. But instead of being the bigger person after we realistically went 0/2 after one of those guys was a silent commit, you have chosen to take the constant "I told you so, my pessemism is awesome" approach.