Top All-Time Husker Recruits per 247 Composite

Mavric

Frazier and Crouch were not that highly rated if I recall correctly. Crouch was from Omaha. I am surprised A Green was that highly regarded as well. I could put hundreds of former Huskers on the list ahead of about 15 or more. This really calls into question the rating accuracy certainly.

Far too often players from schools not in a given state's largest class sizes are downgraded because they are unproven due to lack of highly regarded competition presumably.

The most important considerations in considering a given player's potential are size, weight and most importantly speed and athleticism and don't forget academic standing (grades and test scores) and video of demonstrated 'football plays' made. Coaches need to watch them play in person for several live games or atleast have them in a camp setting where they can really evaluate them in '3-D'. And verify the speed times to the extent possible - as of course there is a great deal of puffery.

Marlon Lucky was a very good RB but in no way can he remotely be considered Nebraska's best ever recruit. He doesn't make the top 500 in my view. He was the number one rated player in the country that year IIRC but he never demonstrated near the speed and elusiveness of many of our better Omaha RBs over the years.

David Horne was the most overrated of the bunch and was around 4.7 at best. We passed up a player like Danny Woodhead from N. Platte (may not have even been rated as being from a no-name school in outstate Nebraska). He is one of Nebraska's greatest football players ever in my opinion but was not even offered by Solich if memory serves.

You don't recall correctly. Both were first team Parade All-Americans.

Frazier and Crouch were not that highly rated if I recall correctly. Crouch was from Omaha. I am surprised A Green was that highly regarded as well. I could put hundreds of former Huskers on the list ahead of about 15 or more. This really calls into question the rating accuracy certainly.

Far too often players from schools not in a given state's largest class sizes are downgraded because they are unproven due to lack of highly regarded competition presumably.

The most important considerations in considering a given player's potential are size, weight and most importantly speed and athleticism and don't forget academic standing (grades and test scores) and video of demonstrated 'football plays' made. Coaches need to watch them play in person for several live games or atleast have them in a camp setting where they can really evaluate them in '3-D'. And verify the speed times to the extent possible - as of course there is a great deal of puffery.

Marlon Lucky was a very good RB but in no way can he remotely be considered Nebraska's best ever recruit. He doesn't make the top 500 in my view. He was the number one rated player in the country that year IIRC but he never demonstrated near the speed and elusiveness of many of our better Omaha RBs over the years.

David Horne was the most overrated of the bunch and was around 4.7 at best. We passed up a player like Danny Woodhead from N. Platte (may not have even been rated as being from a no-name school in outstate Nebraska). He is one of Nebraska's greatest football players ever in my opinion but was not even offered by Solich if memory serves.

As any good lawyer would do: don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

You know, if you took our Top 22 rated recruits in the Composite Era and put them all on one team....it wouldn't be a very good team.

Well yeah, considering 5 of them didn't really contribute here and another 5 are still TBD. But still a good point to raise considering Bama is signing classes better than this year in and year out and our list is a best of 16 years.

The worm can turn though if we get some on field results and the recruiting momentum stays on the current trajectory. Can't complain that 25% of this list has been brought in over the last 2 years.

You don't recall correctly. Both were first team Parade All-Americans.

Parade rightly honors the best high school players. It shifts a bit when you look at them as recruits. A lot of high school coaches make their best athlete the quarterback, but not all colleges are willing to promise them the position.

I don't recall the story on Crouch and Frazier. Any other P5 schools promise them a shot at QB? Or is that how Nebraska landed them?