The weaponized AI propaganda machine

zoogs

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Let's start from the beginning.

1. Are you concerned about weaponizing AI as a propaganda machine?

2. Are you concerned about propaganda?

3. Do you think we, as citizens, should remain vigilant about propaganda and it's uses/effects in campaigns?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

The point I have issue with is, while it is presented as if DT is the end user of this propaganda machine, it goes with mentioning that this stripping of information has been used for years and years by companies, agencies and individuals, to cause people to 'do something'.

Yes, I can see DT using this to enhance his position or the opinions about him. While currently (according to thee article), this AI has not been utilized by the dems or has not been made available to them, to their knowledge in the US. I will argue, that the data collected from the sources mentioned and some not mentioned is available to the DEMs/Liberal side and to a multitude of agencies not mentioned, and they use it, even if it is not given the name AI. They are afforded the same data, and do the same manipulation as AI programs do.

I am not giving DT a vote of confidence here Knapp. I am expressing a vote of disgust to both parties and other unmentioned agencies, on how they take the data that was once collected to better serve our people with their wants and wishes, and manipulating them to do something they may not have chosen to do if left alone. Big companies may call it target marketing, but it has gone way beyond marketing.

Propaganda has been around since I don't know when. Example; Hanoi Hanna could get in your head, and under your skin and she did what they sent her out to do. Disrupt, cause doubt, cause anger, thus all leading your platoon to less be focused, more apt to being ambushed.

Now what?

~edit;

Let's not forget my point of the funded protest and comments in prior post also fall into the same category of manipulation and propaganda. Although not a bot, people appointed to redirect others are using the same data, and those who are out doing such, did not come to the conclusions on their own.

Must every post, every thread be preceded by "both parties are bad" disclaimer? I'm not understanding the vehemence of your responses in this thread for something you're also concerned about.If you're not a Trump supporter, why react so strongly to this thread?

Knapp;

I vehemently oppose issues that are displayed as if only one side of the coin does wrong, thus, causing people to pass judgements that they may have not concluded on their own. Without me pointing this out, wouldn't these postings be a poor mans AI, causing people to think or act in ways that may not have acted, had they not seen the OP, along with qualifiers?

Do I have to vehemently oppose Trump for my opinions to matter?

I don't get it?

~ edit, I did not vote for Trump, nor did I vote for HC. We are left with what we have, and for that reason we need to right the ship and be equally critical when evaluating what is just concern and what concerns being raised are not so different than the other side. I support our country and the best interest of our people. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote out of context - "I hate Huskerboard"

Quote in context - "You're just trying to get me to say that I hate Huskerboard"

Spit out some soda laughing my backside off LLOMS, you are a good egg man! In the middle of our discussion, you insure we do things right. Thanks for keeping me in line!

Thanks for clearing that up. I understand quite a bit more now.

Your welcome, I think!

I have been in this same boat since day one, and I am perplexed as to why my points of view or I am such a enigma here in P & R threads.

Here's the deal with propaganda.

Trump is the one in office right now and has openly hired people in his administration who are professionals at making crap up and promoting it as truth. One person in particular is his highest advisor.

Clinton is NOT in office and to my knowledge, she and her husband our out of official public office (hopefully) for good.

So, my anger and frustration is focused on Trump and what his administration is doing. It is absolutely incredible that people can just say...."Oh....let's give him a chance and stop criticizing him all the time". WTF??? I WISH he would stop doing things that make me criticize him so I can give him a chance.

Just look at the Flynn issue. We are seeing propaganda FLY out of the West Wing about this. And....Trump is more concerned about leaks? And...one of the possible replacements allows women who sleep with him to easily have national security secrets???

What form of sanity does any of this come from?

Trump is the one in office right now and has openly hired people in his administration who are professionals at making crap up and promoting it as truth. One person in particular is his highest advisor.

Clinton is NOT in office and to my knowledge, she and her husband our out of official public office (hopefully) for good.

So, my anger and frustration is focused on Trump and what his administration is doing. It is absolutely incredible that people can just say...."Oh....let's give him a chance and stop criticizing him all the time". WTF??? I WISH he would stop doing things that make me criticize him so I can give him a chance.

Just look at the Flynn issue. We are seeing propaganda FLY out of the West Wing about this. And....Trump is more concerned about leaks? And...one of the possible replacements allows women who sleep with him to easily have national security secrets???

Yep. Both sides do it, but only one side is in control of our government right now.

Yep. Both sides do it, but only one side is in control of our government right now.

Agreed LOMS, and yes BRB, DT would be better served if he took some constructive criticisms and knocked off the tweeting. He has a lot to learn to be the leader he wants all to believe he is.

Quote out of context - "I hate Huskerboard"

Quote in context - "You're just trying to get me to say that I hate Huskerboard"

Spit out some soda laughing my backside off LLOMS, you are a good egg man! In the middle of our discussion, you insure we do things right. Thanks for keeping me in line!

To be honest, this is where I stole it from: