The weaponized AI propaganda machine

zoogs

Project Veritas Action Fund (AKA Project Veritas Action) was founded by James O’Keefe to investigate and expose corruption, dishonesty, self-dealing, waste, fraud and other misconduct.

James Edward O'Keefe III (born June 28, 1984) is an American conservative political activist.[2][3] He produces secretly recorded undercover audio and video encounters, some of which he then edits in order to misrepresent persons as having said things they did not say,[4] with figures and workers in academic, governmental and social service organizations, purporting to show abusive or allegedly illegal behavior by employees and/or representatives of those organizations. He gained national attention for his video recordings of workers at ACORN offices in 2009, his arrest and guilty plea in 2010 for entering the federal office of then-U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA) under false pretenses, and the release of videos of conversations with two high-ranking, now former, NPR executives in 2011.
When his videos portraying ACORN workers seemingly aiding a couple in criminal planning hit the 24-hour cable news cycle, the U.S. Congress quickly voted to freeze funds for the non-profit. The national controversy resulted in the non-profit also losing most of its private funding before investigations of the videos concluded no illegal activity occurred. In March 2010, ACORN was close to bankruptcy and had to close or rename most of its offices.[5] Shortly after, the California State Attorney General's Office and the US Government Accountability Office released their related investigative reports. The Attorney General's Office found that O'Keefe had misrepresented the actions of ACORN workers in California and that the workers had not committed illegal actions. A preliminary probe by the GAO found that ACORN had managed its federal funds appropriately.[6][7] One of the fired ACORN workers sued O'Keefe for invasion of privacy; O'Keefe issued an apology and agreed to pay $100,000 in a settlement.
O'Keefe gained support from conservative media and interest groups. In 2009, Andrew Breitbart commissioned him for the option to publish new videos exclusively on BigGovernment.com. In June 2010, O'Keefe formed a 501©(3) organization, Project Veritas, with the stated mission to "investigate and expose corruption, dishonesty, self-dealing, waste, fraud and other misconduct."[8]
  • Fire 1

I would not be surprised at all if that is true about the behind the scene workings of the Clinton campaign.

Sad thing is, the behind the scene workings of the Republican Party is just as disgusting.

Now....as this pertains to the trump campaign, this was a perfect opportunity for trump people to expose these people. Instead, the blooming friggen idiot was seen multiple times instigating violence against protestors at his own rallies.

That is what this idiot doesn't understand. People can see what he does and what he says....especially on Twitter....and then the next day completely denies it.

So....early on protestors were at his rallies....he instigated violence against them....he just made there job really easy.

• Fire 1

Project Veritas Action Fund (AKA Project Veritas Action) was founded by James O’Keefe to investigate and expose corruption, dishonesty, self-dealing, waste, fraud and other misconduct.

James Edward O'Keefe III (born June 28, 1984) is an American conservative political activist.[2][3] He produces secretly recorded undercover audio and video encounters, some of which he then edits in order to misrepresent persons as having said things they did not say,[4] with figures and workers in academic, governmental and social service organizations, purporting to show abusive or allegedly illegal behavior by employees and/or representatives of those organizations. He gained national attention for his video recordings of workers at ACORN offices in 2009, his arrest and guilty plea in 2010 for entering the federal office of then-U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA) under false pretenses, and the release of videos of conversations with two high-ranking, now former, NPR executives in 2011.

When his videos portraying ACORN workers seemingly aiding a couple in criminal planning hit the 24-hour cable news cycle, the U.S. Congress quickly voted to freeze funds for the non-profit. The national controversy resulted in the non-profit also losing most of its private funding before investigations of the videos concluded no illegal activity occurred. In March 2010, ACORN was close to bankruptcy and had to close or rename most of its offices.[5] Shortly after, the California State Attorney General's Office and the US Government Accountability Office released their related investigative reports. The Attorney General's Office found that O'Keefe had misrepresented the actions of ACORN workers in California and that the workers had not committed illegal actions. A preliminary probe by the GAO found that ACORN had managed its federal funds appropriately.[6][7] One of the fired ACORN workers sued O'Keefe for invasion of privacy; O'Keefe issued an apology and agreed to pay $100,000 in a settlement.

O'Keefe gained support from conservative media and interest groups. In 2009, Andrew Breitbart commissioned him for the option to publish new videos exclusively on BigGovernment.com. In June 2010, O'Keefe formed a 501©(3) organization, Project Veritas, with the stated mission to "investigate and expose corruption, dishonesty, self-dealing, waste, fraud and other misconduct."[8]

Watch the F'ing video. (LISTEN TO THE WORDS AND WHO IS SAYING THEM).

What a deal, defending the non defensible.

Jeezus, I am done. Carry on!

BRB, Yes, that is my point, only point and what I am saying in this thread. Not bashing those who say DT has possibly done things improperly, but so has the other side!

My Only Point I was making!

This cuts both ways, too. There are reports that O'Keefe offered to pay protestors to incite violence at the inauguration. I mean, it's probably got the same level of support as O'Keefe's own videos, but it's out there.

What O'Keefe does is pretty close to entrapment, IMO.

BRB is right when he says the political sausage making process isn't pretty, though.

Big Data is scary. I think I read an article somewhere about the tracking of your Facebook likes and that with 60 likes, the model would know more about you than your closest family.

Well, it seems Trump's team employed that model to great effectiveness. I think the DNC needs to implement the same method, instead of relying on just demographic level data.

• Fire 1

I don't have time or energy to watch 30 minutes of any other viewpoints than the one that involves the group think, sorry.

I do get a chuckle out of you offering this as evidence in a thread about propaganda, though.

FTFY:

Chuckle away, Me too!

Propaganda and how it is being used or collected is not one sided.

No worries, you can drive in any lane you desire.

I won't demean you like others do when they refer to those who have different perspectives, by saying that, I love the ignorant or uneducated. I know you are intelligent, and can make up your own mind, you are just choosing to spend your 30 minutes defending your point of view.

But thanks for taking the time and selecting the one point you found to be worth of your time within my post.

This cuts both ways, too. There are reports that O'Keefe offered to pay protestors to incite violence at the inauguration. I mean, it's probably got the same level of support as O'Keefe's own videos, but it's out there.

What O'Keefe does is pretty close to entrapment, IMO.

BRB is right when he says the political sausage making process isn't pretty, though.

Agreed Dudeguyy, again, my point was not to say DT was/is an angle, but that the corruptions and paid or funded BS on the backside goes both ways. Neither party is innocent.

I'm not defending anything in this thread. I have made no affirmative statements of any kind. I'm only dismissing your ridiculous offerings of evidence. I haven't even disagreed with your conclusion. Think what you want about me, and I guess feel good about yourself for saying you won't demean me but implying that I'm a sheep regardless.

I'm choosing to spend my 30 minutes avoiding propaganda. From any side of the political spectrum. You, however, seem to at least be mostly fine with it, since you're leveraging it in an argument.

Big Data is scary. I think I read an article somewhere about the tracking of your Facebook likes and that with 60 likes, the model would know more about you than your closest family.

Well, it seems Trump's team employed that model to great effectiveness. I think the DNC needs to implement the same method, instead of relying on just demographic level data.

It'sNotAFakeID;

You and I and everyone else on this board and everywhere else are being probed every minute of the day. They know you habits and when you are awake, what floats your boat, what class you are, what you enjoy eating, your favorite vacation spots, your family tree, if you have pets, what type of pets, what type of pet food you buy, your health, your investment interest, your love of hobbies, what type of vehicles you own, and on and on and on.

This is not new. This is just the peripheral scope of data I am talking about. It goes way deeper. Scary as heck, but one nightmare we created for good purposes, that can be used for bad purposes.

BIG Brother, well he knows and he will help you decide your next meal, car, house, and so on! SURPRISE!!!

Did you actually read the whole WaPo article you linked? Because after tossing out the allegations, there are a lot of "yeah, but" statements that explain how much of what is alleged in the videos either isn't factually accurate or isn't the whole clip. It states that quick editing makes some of these statements appear to be other than what they are.

Did you mean to post something that casts doubt on your video evidence?

Certainly I applaud Foval and Creamer being kicked out of politics. Certainly I agree that "both sides" pull shady tactics in campaigns. This isn't a new discovery and it isn't an answer to the allegation in the OP of this thread. It smacks of whataboutism, everyone's favorite new word.

I'm not defending anything in this thread. I have made no affirmative statements of any kind. I'm only dismissing your ridiculous offerings of evidence. I haven't even disagreed with your conclusion. Think what you want about me, and I guess feel good about yourself for saying you won't demean me but implying that I'm a sheep regardless.

I'm choosing to spend my 30 minutes avoiding propaganda. From any side of the political spectrum. You, however, seem to at least be mostly fine with it, since you're leveraging it in an argument.

I am not judging you LOMS. You posted your OKeefe portion to provide doubt on the validity of my post. You did not watch to learn if there is truths within those vids (you use the one thing that you can attack, to debunk the whole). You know how people are and read, and people will see you quick response and go on from there. You provide a convenient negative to invalidate my post, then say you don't have time to watch propaganda. Why any comment at all then, if it is all propaganda.

I believe people here are smart enough too make their own conclusions. I think fairly high of you LLOMS, your views on helping people, gods part in evolution, space and much more. I even appreciate your views related to Husker Football.

It don't matter LOMS, my perception often gets challenged and when I supply data to the contrary, data like the vids above, showing words coming out of peoples mouths, saying the things that are being defended by those who are staunch haters of DT, then is is all BS. I am not providing data to defend DT, I am providing data to show corruption lives on both side of the track.

Did you actually read the whole WaPo article you linked? Because after tossing out the allegations, there are a lot of "yeah, but" statements that explain how much of what is alleged in the videos either isn't factually accurate or isn't the whole clip. It states that quick editing makes some of these statements appear to be other than what they are.Did you mean to post something that casts doubt on your video evidence?Certainly I applaud Foval and Creamer being kicked out of politics. Certainly I agree that "both sides" pull shady tactics in campaigns. This isn't a new discovery and it isn't an answer to the allegation in the OP of this thread. It smacks of whataboutism, everyone's favorite new word.

So you too did not hear the words coming out of the mouths of those in question in those videos?

OK, its all good. Carry on!

The linked Wash post article was not pointing out those specific vids, (correct me if I am wrong), it was talking about matters he had/has been involved with in the past. But again, those vids were the reason these two were terminated and god knows, that the DNC winning the election as they were, they had no reason to employ such tactics.

Carry on!

Did you actually read the whole WaPo article you linked? Because after tossing out the allegations, there are a lot of "yeah, but" statements that explain how much of what is alleged in the videos either isn't factually accurate or isn't the whole clip. It states that quick editing makes some of these statements appear to be other than what they are.Did you mean to post something that casts doubt on your video evidence?Certainly I applaud Foval and Creamer being kicked out of politics. Certainly I agree that "both sides" pull shady tactics in campaigns. This isn't a new discovery and it isn't an answer to the allegation in the OP of this thread. It smacks of whataboutism, everyone's favorite new word.
The allegation of the OP was simply that DT had resources (Bots/programs/high tech abilities/companies) that manipulate people and voters to his side of thinking. My original post was to commando, although I should have quoted him, but I stand by the rest of my arguments as the proof you sought, showing that protesting at events, then and now, have been funded and rewarded and manipulated on both side of the tracks.

You say this is not new discovery, I say I know, but where were you at the beginning of this thread pointing out that you were aware of the indescreations, or did you just want me to have to waste time showing and providing data, to which you already were ready with your canned "Whataboutism" comment?

I have no more time to waste here on this. Take it, listen to it, throw it out, dismiss it as Whataboutism, I personally don't care. Although this is not how I based my initial opinion, I provided you with data you sought, to carry on the discussion. Obvioulsy, admission that one is wrong or not 100% correct, is something that only can come from one side of the tracks!

See ya around the board.