Westerkamp Determined to Prove Doubters Wrong

Mavric

If we're comparing Westy to NFL players, he's got Wes Welker written all over him IMOY

Yeah, just slower and with less lateral quickness but don't let the tape get in the way.
Yea, no. You might want to go check Welker's pre-draft measurables (from hisTexas Tech Pro Day) before you go spewing anymore ignorance.

So do you think Westerkamp has the potential to be as good as Odell Beckham and Antonio Brown because his pre-draft measurables are similar to theirs? Pretty sure I'm not the one spewing ignorance here.
And there you go again. Brown and Beckham are both 4.4 40 guys while Westerkamp and Welker are not.
  • Fire 1

If we're comparing Westy to NFL players, he's got Wes Welker written all over him IMOY

Yeah, just slower and with less lateral quickness but don't let the tape get in the way.
Yea, no. You might want to go check Welker's pre-draft measurables (from hisTexas Tech Pro Day) before you go spewing anymore ignorance.

So do you think Westerkamp has the potential to be as good as Odell Beckham and Antonio Brown because his pre-draft measurables are similar to theirs? Pretty sure I'm not the one spewing ignorance here.
And there you go again. Brown and Beckham are both 4.4 40 guys while Westerkamp and Welker are not.

Pretty sure Westerkamp ran a 4.5 in high school. If he hasn't improved to 4.4 in the combine, he should pack it up. My money is on him at least running a 4.4

I'll take that bet. I'll eat The Dude's hat if he runs 4.4.

I love Westy and think he'll find his way to an NFL roster one way or another. But he's not that fast. There weren't 10 WRs at last year's combine who ran 4.4 (or better).

Pretty sure Westerkamp ran a 4.5 in high school. If he hasn't improved to 4.4 in the combine, he should pack it up. My money is on him at least running a 4.4

I love Westy and think he'll find his way to an NFL roster one way or another. But he's not that fast. There weren't 10 WRs at last year's combine who ran 4.4 (or better).

Yeah, only 10 wrs from the 2016 combine ran under a 4.5 Pretty sure Westy isn't gonna hit that. Would love to be wrong, but I'm not counting on it.

Here is what you're banking on:

4.0 = 10 YPS

4.1 = 9.8 YPS

4.2 = 9.5 YPS

4.3 = 9.3 YPS

4.4 = 9.1 YPS

4.5 = 8.9 YPS

4.6 = 8.7 YPS

4.7 = 8.5 YPS

4.8 = 8.3 YPS

4.9 = 8.2 YPS

5 = 8 YPS

You're saying that Westy can't improve from 8.9 yards per second to 9.1 yards per second after being in a collegiate weight training program for 4 years AND and advanced speed training for NFL prep...He only has to improve 7.2 inches...half a foot...and he's running a 4.4.....I'm pretty sure you're not thinking things through.

People also often forget how explosive he is...he had a 40 inch vertical IN HIGH SCHOOL. He put up 225 lbs 15 times in high school benching. That's freakish and stronger than many we've sent to the combine in the past few years.

What were the methods of the timing in HS?

So I'd venture that at best, Westy was probably the third fastest WR who go PT last year behind DPE and Reilly (Ran the fastest 40 on the team in 2014), Possibly behind Moore as well (he ran a 4.58 in HS)? So even though only a few guys in the country hit below a 4.5 we possibly had 4 guys on our roster who can do that?

I'm not saying you're wrong about his 40 time, that was indeed reported. There's just a difference in how these things are measured at the combine. I also don't think that JW is one of the 10 fastest draft eligible guys out there.

Have you even read the thread? I know Westerkamp doesn't, I was using BIGREDIOWAN's stance about him running a 4.5. Probably should've clarified that. Beckham ran a 4.43 and Brown ran a 4.57 so there you go.