Huskers vs. Michigan

Question for you all. I played basketball in high school and went to UNO on a full ride academic scholarship and because of pickup games was asked to try out for the Mavericks back in the day, always a husker fan though. Question is, why do we not have our hands up on defense? It is a fundamental aspect of the game on defense. Cuts down passing lanes, less time to move your hands up for blocked shots, causes more stress on the offense, etc. Why do we have our hands down by our sides all game long?

Hands up on defense is a fundamental part of the game. I was taught the same, hands up on D.

Question for you all. I played basketball in high school and went to UNO on a full ride academic scholarship and because of pickup games was asked to try out for the Mavericks back in the day, always a husker fan though. Question is, why do we not have our hands up on defense? It is a fundamental aspect of the game on defense. Cuts down passing lanes, less time to move your hands up for blocked shots, causes more stress on the offense, etc. Why do we have our hands down by our sides all game long?

Because this team checked out. People are kidding themselves if they don't see it

They can talk about opponent 3 PT shooting all they want, but hand in the face and they still hit it has nothing to do with defense.

Some guys can just shoot. Unfortunately, we don't have many that can hit a three with a hand in their face.

Also unfortunately the instances of a hand in the face has been few and far between

They can talk about opponent 3 PT shooting all they want, but hand in the face and they still hit it has nothing to do with defense.

Some guys can just shoot. Unfortunately, we don't have many that can hit a three with a hand in their face.

Also unfortunately the instances of a hand in the face has been few and far between

I remember two contested threes the whole entire game. Derrick Walton made one and I do not remember who shot the other one. Wagner was wide open, Muhammad guy was open and Irvin was open too when they were making threes.