(Season Opening) Husker QB Statistics - Since 2000

2017 Opponents | 2016 Average Passing Yards Allowed (Rank)

Arkansas State | 215.2 (43rd)

Oregon | 269.1 (112th)

Northern Illinois | 244.8 (79th)

Rutgers | 194.1 (20th)

Illinois | 186.9 (12th)

Wisconsin | 202.6 (26th)

Ohio State | 172.2 (6th)

Purdue | 206.1 (31st)

Northwestern | 263.4 (105th)

Minnesota | 229.6 (63rd)

Penn State | 216.6 (45th)

Iowa | 207.6 (33rd)

For reference, we were right behind Arkansas State and just ahead of Penn State at 44th last year. These are just the raw statistics, however.

In order to have a more accurate prediction for what to expect, you would have to factor in players graduating/leaving/coming in, coaching turnover/staff changes, and so on.

I really have no idea what to expect from Tanner Lee. Simply because it's not completely up to him. He, an unknown, is surrounded by a lot of other important unknowns. It's tricky.

The Oregon game will tell us a lot. They didn't do well last season against the pass, but, as we all know, new year, new staff, new scheme. Autzen will be a tough early test.

At least he gets his toughest defenses (Wisconsin, Ohio State, Iowa) with the Sea of Red behind him. PSU is going to be nasty, but they aren't as strong against the pass.

I think he should be able to carve up some defenses. Hopefully some divisional foes like Northwestern or Minnesota. That should make those pesky matchups a lot less pesky.

• Fire 1

2017 Opponents | 2016 Average Passing Yards Allowed (Rank)

Arkansas State | 215.2 (43rd)

Oregon | 269.1 (112th)

Northern Illinois | 244.8 (79th)

Rutgers | 194.1 (20th)

Illinois | 186.9 (12th)

Wisconsin | 202.6 (26th)

Ohio State | 172.2 (6th)

Purdue | 206.1 (31st)

Northwestern | 263.4 (105th)

Minnesota | 229.6 (63rd)

Penn State | 216.6 (45th)

Iowa | 207.6 (33rd)

For reference, we were right behind Arkansas State and just ahead of Penn State at 44th last year. These are just the raw statistics, however.

In order to have a more accurate prediction for what to expect, you would have to factor in players graduating/leaving/coming in, coaching turnover/staff changes, and so on.

I really have no idea what to expect from Tanner Lee. Simply because it's not completely up to him. He, an unknown, is surrounded by a lot of other important unknowns. It's tricky.

The Oregon game will tell us a lot. They didn't do well last season against the pass, but, as we all know, new year, new staff, new scheme. Autzen will be a tough early test.

At least he gets his toughest defenses (Wisconsin, Ohio State, Iowa) with the Sea of Red behind him. PSU is going to be nasty, but they aren't as strong against the pass.

I think he should be able to carve up some defenses. Hopefully some divisional foes like Northwestern or Minnesota. That should make those pesky matchups a lot less pesky.

I'm right there with you Hoosker. I've been seeing the pre-season stuff predicting tough times, but for me this is the most "I have no clue" season for awhile.

Usually when you have scheme changes, it's with new coaches coming in. We have arguably both our O and D changing substantially but with not as many moving parts. Our biggest areas of question (OL and DL) have young guys starting which could lead to big steps forward. We haven't seen our D at all yet.

I'm leaning towards optimism because I like our coaching staff right now for the most part. However, if our D is awful our passing stats from Lee might be huge. If coach Diaco comes in and we start playing like we are capable of, we might have a stronger year from our RB. Too many things up in the air for me to feel comfortable making predictions.

3,000 25-10 would be great this year

I was gonna guess around these numbers. But as I think about it more, I think we'll run a slightly more balanced offense with more of a run game in our B10 schedule.

I'd say Tanner will end up somewhere around Zac Taylor numbers: Say, 2,700 yds, 20 TDs, 12 picks. He'll scramble a little bit. Maybe around 300 or 400 yds rushing.