Nebraska/Oregon to Be on Fox - Other Kickoff Times Announced

Scheduling Oddity: 5 games in September - just short of half the schedule.

The bad news: unless Arky State is an afternoon kickoff, there won't be much for recruiting weekends in that stretch

The good news: The back half of the schedule makes up for that.

Sam McKewon seems to think that NU is gonna push for a night game on BTN for Arky State, which makes sense.

I'm sure they'll push for it.

I guess I kind of took it that the prime time slots were spoken for but perhaps that was an incorrect assumption.

Edit: Fox already has Louisville/Purdue and I can't image it would be an ESPN/ABC game. I guess it could be FS1 or BTN???

Edited by Mavric

I'd much rather have a mid-late afternoon Iowa kickoff on FS1 than I would an 11am one on ABC.

Sure, it's not quite as accessible, but there's already hardly anybody playing on Black Friday anyways so it's not a big deal to me.

I never understand why people complain about "national access". If you want to be able to watch the games, you need to pony up the cash that's needed to get it. Whether that is paying for DirecTV or adding a premium sports package, just do it.

The bad news: unless Arky State is an afternoon kickoff, there won't be much for recruiting weekends in that stretch

Sam McKewon seems to think that NU is gonna push for a night game on BTN for Arky State, which makes sense.

I guess I kind of took it that the prime time slots were spoken for but perhaps that was an incorrect assumption.

I think the announcements today were for the main TV partners, and not the BTN.

The BTN games usually are announced shortly after the main TV partners (now FOX and ESPN).

• Fire 2

The BTN games usually are announced shortly after the main TV partners (now FOX and ESPN).

Yup, that's how it's worked in the past. I imagine the BTN announcement for it's primetime games will be within the next couple of weeks.

Or just go to a bar and drink pop with free refills for 3 hours.

Worst bar customer ever.

I don't recommend it, but if you're poor and desperate and have no shame.. :lol:

Yeah, I would kick you out of my bar if you aren't purchasing anything. At least make sure you tip the server very well.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about a primetime game on BTN.

Looks like the only B1G games that day that haven't been claimed are Ball State/Illinois, Wyoming/Iowa, Nevada/Northwestern and ours vs. Arky State. I would think Wyoming/Iowa and us would be kind of a toss up - we probably bring the bigger audience but Iowa might be considered a better game, especially with the Wyo QB getting some pub.