McDermott Offered tOSU Job

Mavric

Offer or not to McDermott. Holtmann was at the top of OSU's realistic list of candidates and it looks like they landed him. It looks like most people in Buckeye land are happy with the hire.

Heck yeah they are...it was a great hire especially for being June.

Mac was never going to be a good hire.

Offer or not to McDermott. Holtmann was at the top of OSU's realistic list of candidates and it looks like they landed him. It looks like most people in Buckeye land are happy with the hire.

Heck yeah they are...it was a great hire especially for being June.

Mac was never going to be a good hire.

You sound like a hater......

It's official. Chris Holtmann is Ohio State's basketball coach.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/060917aaa.html

I don't think teachercd is being a hater. Considering the situation, I think McDermott was not the right person for the job.

I get that but the denial that an offer was ever extended, requesting proof it actually happened, and basically calling it all a hoax just seems like they want it to be false.... like a hater.

• Fire 1

Adam Jardy, OSU beat writer has now said that Mac was never offered the job at OSU.

It is on Twitter but I can't link it.

I wanted proof because I don't think he was offered.

I don't really care if it was false or not I just can't imagine why they would offer Mac.

Adam Jardy, OSU beat writer has now said that Mac was never offered the job at OSU.

I don't really care if it was false or not I just can't imagine why they would offer Mac.

Oh.... if I asked a woman to marry me and she said no....... I'd deny I asked too

Oh.... if I asked a woman to marry me and she said no....... I'd deny I asked too

Yeah, and I would lie and say a really hot girl was hitting on me...even if she never asked for me number.

Especially if it made another girl, granted not as hot, want to play with my winker.

Yeah, and I would lie and say a really hot girl was hitting on me...even if she never asked for me number.

Especially if it made another girl, granted not as hot, want to play with my winker.

K. I'll go with the news reports and what others say they can confirm. Much better idea in comparison to making up supposed stories.

K. I'll go with the news reports and what others say they can confirm. Much better idea in comparison to making up supposed stories.

I just gave you a news report...from an OSU writer.

Here is Gene Smith's publicly stated sequence of events. It is hard to image OSU would have offered the job to anyone else if Holtmann never completely closed the door on the process. The tweet from McDermott also follows right along with the timeline of OSU notifying the other potential coaches. Of course they are not going to disclose everything that went on behind closed doors.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-basketball/2017/06/82884/gene-smith-dispels-rumors-surrounding-ohio-states-basketball-coaching-search