Chicago Cubs

I'm so f'ing tired of playing for "next year". The cubs honestly hurt me when they suck, as they do now. and just about every baseball analyst is talking about them trading half of the team.

This sucks, the skers better win the big 12 or something huge to make up for my huge dissopointment this summer.

I'm so f'ing tired of playing for "next year". The cubs honestly hurt me when they suck, as they do now. and just about every baseball analyst is talking about them trading half of the team.

This sucks, the skers better win the big 12 or something huge to make up for my huge dissopointment this summer.

:yeah:yeah:bang:bang:bang

I feel your pain. It seems when the Cubs start out this bad , Its hard for me to even get into the whole freaking season. A bunch of high paid players who want to sit on the DL. What happened to playing because you love the game?!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys...... I haven't been on the board for a while.... I was trying to stay out of the lime-light as I contiplated retirement.... :lol: KC Husker called to inform me that my beloved Cubs were getting some flack on the board, so I had to push retirement back to a later date, and come out swingin..

I love the Cubs.... I hate the Cubs...... Anyone who follows this agonizing franchise knows exactly what I mean !!!!

The problem is..... that damn Wrigley Field...... Until Hendry and company decide to spend $ and not be afraid to let Wood and Prior walk, the Cubs are always going to be looking up at the leaders...... Problem being (back to Wrigley) is that the stadium sells itself... the Cubs suck, yr after yr and fans like myself will still go to Chicago to watch..... It is all about $$$$$.... The Cubs make a ton of money each yr, without having to put a great team on the field....

Yes, we have had our moments (few and far between), but consistancy doesn't happen.... Yes, injuries have just killed this team, but I am tired of using that excuse yr afte yr.....

Well, I had to pop in and talk a little Cub baseball.... I will continue to take a kick to the nuts everyday the Cubs play.....how about the 8 HR the stellar staff gave up yesterday......

Cub baseball..... you have to luv it !!!

I am a Braves fan and am glad that they swept the Cubs this past weekend. However, after watching all three games, the Braves won each because of mistakes made by the Cubs. It seems like they just can't stay focused for the whole nine innings or longer which was the case Sunday when Ramiras let a fly ball drop off his head which eventually lead to the winning run for the Braves.

I was actually at the Saturday game in Wrigley for the Braves series and it's so frustrating. They finally get a quality game from a starter and they only give him 1 run in support, then the next game they score 12 runs and still lose? HANC is right, the fans need to stop attending the games and demand the owners put a better product on the field. There's a reason for free-agency, the owners need to suck it up and go get those big names.

Look at the bright side, Ronny Cedeno and Matt Murton have been playing better than excepted. Jacque Jones and Ramirez are finally starting to hit. Our rookie pitchers are getting experience, and they have had a few good starts in between the bad ones, getting them ready for next year when Wood and Maddux are gone. And Lee is only a few weeks away from returning. But it is still another frustrating year! :bang

HANC is right, the fans need to stop attending the games and demand the owners put a better product on the field. There's a reason for free-agency, the owners need to suck it up and go get those big names.

The Cubs are 7th in the majors in salary, they just need some better luck. And pitchers that dont have fragile arms. And Mark Cuban to buy the team. ;)

I want the Cubs to win as much as anyone, but I dont want them to become the yankees.

BTW, how was Wrigley, I've been trying to get there for the last few years.