You guys have the classiest program - Be proud of that!

docpoco

This was definitely a different Ark State team than we faced the past few years. Much more fight, much more disciplined football, and you earned the chance to be there gunning to tie up the game at the last second. 

It's been fun, thanks for hanging out at HuskerBoard, and don't be strangers.  Good luck to you guys the rest of the season. 

And BEAT MIAMI!!!

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

So true Vector. It's a big loss for Arky State as they are likely out 1.5 million or so and some television exposure 

The game was going to be a home game for ASU.  I guess the concern was over travel back to Florida after the game.  Probably a greater financial loss than 1.5 million because of all the tourism-based money in addition to ticket sales.  (although Miami doesn't travel well).

To me this doesn't make sense.  If the flight back is too dangerous, why not stay there a day or two extra?  Maybe they just don't want to play the Red Wolves after what they saw in the first game?

Absolute chickensh#t move by Miami, IMO.  This looks to me to be more of a convenient excuse to get out of playing a game that they could very well lose rather than an actual safety concern for the players.

Of course they probably legitimately doing what they think is best for the kids, but the optics of this are terrible.  Just terrible.  I feel bad for the A-State fans and players.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Really it is about whether a football player can focus on the game while his family is getting or has gotten gobsmacked by a category 5 hurricane.

^This.  Lots of coaches + support staff travel with teams, and you have the local kids.  Tough to make their families fend for themselves during a potential disaster.  

I wish they could have figured out a different time to play it.  That game meant a lot as a home game to ASU.  Maybe they can play it a different year.

On 9/5/2017 at 1:37 PM, docpoco said:

Everyone from fans who attended, to the players and coaches were nothing but complimentary. 

I think you guys got to see that we are progressing as a program as well. Hope its not the last meeting between our two schools. 

Go Red Wolves!

Second only to fans of the Red Wolves.