Coordinator Hate

45 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Anybody want to explain to me why we come out with (I don't remember specifically) either 3 tightends or 22 personnel inside the red zone on first down, motion the single split receiver into the formation, and try to run a dive play against 11 in the box? What the hell were we trying to accomplish with that? Waste a down? We ended up kicking a field goal there.

It's one of the basic tenets of an anti-spread offense, duh.

34 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Anybody want to explain to me why we come out with (I don't remember specifically) either 3 tightends or 22 personnel inside the red zone on first down, motion the single split receiver into the formation, and try to run a dive play against 11 in the box? What the hell were we trying to accomplish with that? Waste a down? We ended up kicking a field goal there.

Ha, I've been saying this during games.  It makes no sense to do these things.  Now a play action with a TE releasing would make sense there.  Couple that with the fact that during one drive we had 3 carries for over 40 yards and then we hoist up a 30 yard bomb to a 3rd string walk on WR instead of handing the damn thing off of getting the ball to a playmaker (neither JD Spielman or DPE were in the game on this play).  The line was finally starting to make some holes, and we literally call a play that puts them on their heels and stifles the aggressiveness.  I just don't get it.