Should the opener be moved to Sunday 4 TV?

Should the opener be moved to Sunday to get on TV?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it should be, such a powerful recruiting tool to have if a network wants to televise you nationally. So it would be tougher for you to get to the game on sunday.... take one for the team, Literally. I think it would be better for us to take advantage of the national spotlight when we can get it. And like was said before, its a long weekend, so why not?

So what are the chances that this actually happens?

Pederson had an article released on huskers.com saying there will be no game dates that will be changed... :wtf

Link

Good!! The last few years the networks abandoned NEBRASKA, looks like the tide has turned (RED) again. NEBRASKA dictates when our home games are played, not the networks. :restore2

if it means getting on tv, move it. doesnt a televised game bring in more money?

pedersen wont move it hoping that Fox wont pick it for a televised game so it can be a pay-per-view game.

If a network televises it you make money but you share with all the teams in the conference. You make MORE money if it's on PPV because you get a better % and it's a direct deal with the University. That's probablly his reasoning on not wanting to move the game. It's a SMART move by Steve Pederson.

It still doesn't equal out when the opportunity for husker fans all across america, who cannot make it to many game if any, have a chance to watch the opener and it is turned down just like that...think about the fans! :thumbs

Yes it does, because if you get more money from the PPV it helps out the money losing sports - "Think Of The Fans" - Despite what you think College sports are a business - Steve Pederson is doing what's good for the whole athletic program and the best way to support him is to buy the PPV if that's what's offered. At the Hermosa Beach, CA watch site the bar get's charged by capacity so the game cost's around $700.00 to watch so everyone pitches in at half time to help the bar out.

It still doesn't equal out when the opportunity for husker fans all across america, who cannot make it to many game if any, have a chance to watch the opener and it is turned down just like that...think about the fans! :thumbs

Yes it does, because if you get more money from the PPV it helps out the money losing sports - "Think Of The Fans" - Despite what you think College sports are a business - Steve Pederson is doing what's good for the whole athletic program and the best way to support him is to buy the PPV if that's what's offered. At the Hermosa Beach, CA watch site the bar get's charged by capacity so the game cost's around $700.00 to watch so everyone pitches in at half time to help the bar out.

incorrect. sp is screwing the fans again, just like he did for baseball. selling out nebraska fans for a few dollars.

he would sell his mother for a nickle if he could.

QUOTE (BIGREDFAN_in_OMAHA @ May 24 2006, 10:54 AM)

Isn't Nebraska football the state religion?

Yes, and I am trying to evangelize the people of Indiana!!!

:rollin The people of Iowa are hopeless and I had to put them down. Can't have anyone fighting the system!!! I think that moving it to Sunday could be good I voted no because I didn't know when the NFL season started so I switch my vote to yes.

incorrect. sp is screwing the fans again, just like he did for baseball. selling out nebraska fans for a few dollars.

he would sell his mother for a nickle if he could.

Okay then how about you CONTRIBUTE the difference personally of the Fox Sport's money for the game that we have to share with 11 other teams in our conference VS the PPV money that NEBRASKA shares with the PPV provider and NEBRASKA dosen't share with 11 other teams - When at the end of the year there's a deficit because you pissed and moaned about paying $29.99 for a game, you can make up the difference, then you'll understand why he made the decision. Once again the GENERAL PUBLIC can't see past their NOSE, No one ever see's the bigger picture.