Should the opener be moved to Sunday 4 TV?

Should the opener be moved to Sunday to get on TV?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hell yes, it would be perfect. Especially since there really aren't any other sports on at the time except for baseball and if the Cubs aren't in the playoff race, who really cares? And who are the 5 yay-hoos who said NO????

I voted NO - See above POST.

I don't get steve p. on this one...he switches television providers for baseball season so that kids will get to see the team play on TV...but not the football team on TV huh.... don't tget this guy sometimes

It is all about money as chad says. No question about it. Personally I would prefer not to see La Tech on National TV. It would not help in recruiting and all we would hear is about the cream puff schedule if we kicked the crap out of them. Pay per view helps Nebraska. I know I will be ordering if it is pay per view.

We are not privy to all the reasons behind the AD's decesion. He seems to be making pretty good moves for all the other sports, so I will give him the bennefit of the doubt.

HuskerRob I feel for you, keep your head down and your helmet on over there. Thank you for doing your job so the rest of us can sleep at nite. I spent 26 years in the Marine Corps and understand your feelings. Missed many a game, but you are one of the many reasons the game will be played. Again thank you.

Personally I would prefer not to see La Tech on National TV. It would not help in recruiting and all we would hear is about the cream puff schedule if we kicked the crap out of them.

maybe. or maybe bc and sp are afraid that it will be another maine?

i won't pay for a bad ppv. go to the bar, give them my $5.

No Date Changes to 2006 Schedule

Nebraska Athletic Director Steve Pederson confirmed on Wednesday morning that there will be no changes in the dates on Nebraska’s 2006 football schedule.

“From time to time, our Big 12 television partners may present an opportunity to move a football game for television,” Pederson said. “We only consider those changes if we feel they are in the best interest of our football program and our fans.”

Nebraska will open the 2006 football season against Louisiana Tech on Saturday, Sept. 2 at Memorial Stadium. The Huskers currently have two games scheduled for national telecast on ABC—Sept. 16 at USC (7 p.m. CDT) and Nov. 24 against Colorado (2:30 p.m. CST).

Announcements on early-season game times and television arrangements should be forthcoming in the next few weeks, with all other TV announcements and game times set six to 12 days in advance of the game.

It still doesn't equal out when the opportunity for husker fans all across america, who cannot make it to many game if any, have a chance to watch the opener and it is turned down just like that...think about the fans! :thumbs

Yes it does, because if you get more money from the PPV it helps out the money losing sports - "Think Of The Fans" - Despite what you think College sports are a business - Steve Pederson is doing what's good for the whole athletic program and the best way to support him is to buy the PPV if that's what's offered. At the Hermosa Beach, CA watch site the bar get's charged by capacity so the game cost's around $700.00 to watch so everyone pitches in at half time to help the bar out.

incorrect. sp is screwing the fans again, just like he did for baseball. selling out nebraska fans for a few dollars.

he would sell his mother for a nickle if he could.

Okay then how about you CONTRIBUTE the difference personally of the Fox Sport's money for the game that we have to share with 11 other teams in our conference VS the PPV money that NEBRASKA shares with the PPV provider and NEBRASKA dosen't share with 11 other teams - When at the end of the year there's a deficit because you pissed and moaned about paying $29.99 for a game, you can make up the difference, then you'll understand why he made the decision. Once again the GENERAL PUBLIC can't see past their NOSE, No one ever see's the bigger picture.

When has the football team ever operated at a deficit? Please don't be so naive, it's the largest income producer for the school. You're telling me you'd rather pay $30 for a game to help out the softball team that operates at a loss every year? Next you'll be complaining that all the games should be on PPV so they can bring back men's soccer. SP says jump, you say how high. And let's not forget what really causes any school to operate at a loss--TITLE IX.

There's no reason to not move the game one day to Sunday. This would allow more people to watch, as I'm sure a lot of Husker fans have to work on Saturdays and don't get to see many TV games. However, I don't think Pederson cares much for what the working person thinks.

It still doesn't equal out when the opportunity for husker fans all across america, who cannot make it to many game if any, have a chance to watch the opener and it is turned down just like that...think about the fans! :thumbs

Yes it does, because if you get more money from the PPV it helps out the money losing sports - "Think Of The Fans" - Despite what you think College sports are a business - Steve Pederson is doing what's good for the whole athletic program and the best way to support him is to buy the PPV if that's what's offered. At the Hermosa Beach, CA watch site the bar get's charged by capacity so the game cost's around $700.00 to watch so everyone pitches in at half time to help the bar out.

incorrect. sp is screwing the fans again, just like he did for baseball. selling out nebraska fans for a few dollars.

he would sell his mother for a nickle if he could.

Okay then how about you CONTRIBUTE the difference personally of the Fox Sport's money for the game that we have to share with 11 other teams in our conference VS the PPV money that NEBRASKA shares with the PPV provider and NEBRASKA dosen't share with 11 other teams - When at the end of the year there's a deficit because you pissed and moaned about paying $29.99 for a game, you can make up the difference, then you'll understand why he made the decision. Once again the GENERAL PUBLIC can't see past their NOSE, No one ever see's the bigger picture.

When has the football team ever operated at a deficit? Please don't be so naive, it's the largest income producer for the school. You're telling me you'd rather pay $30 for a game to help out the softball team that operates at a loss every year? Next you'll be complaining that all the games should be on PPV so they can bring back men's soccer. SP says jump, you say how high. And let's not forget what really causes any school to operate at a loss--TITLE IX.

I never said the football team was running at a deficit - NEBRASKA dosen't share the PPV money, they share the Network money with 11 other teams - If they get more money by playing on Sat. then then that's what they need to do. I can tell you don't know a thing about running a business, I own my own company and I have to make a lot of unpopular decisions and it's always for the BOTTOM LINE. College Sports is a BUSINESS.......

Please, don't tell me I don't know how to run a business, some MODS could see that as flaming, which it is. Of course college sports are a business, but don't say that moving the game to Sunday wouldn't have any positive effects. First, the team would be exposed to more fans and since it would have been on a Sunday, it would have made for an exclusive engagement.