The rest of the season

At this point I am cheering for the N on the helmet and those who wear it. I want them to win out because they are Nebraska, not because I want Riley to stay or go. I am not cheering for losses because I want a new coach. Win and move on. When and if there is a new coach, I will root for the Huskers. If it is not the guy I wanted, I will cheer for the Huskers. I cheered during the Bo era every year. I knew he wouldn't take us any farther, but I was hoping he would. I am guessing sans a win out, we will see a new coach. I will take whoever it is and hope we can turn the corner.

GBR

Edited by Crusader Husker
  • Plus1 4

1 minute ago, Big Red Commie said:

Minny is the only remaining meaningless contest we "should" win, but there are no "shoulds" left w the `17 Aw Shuckskers.  1-3 finish is what I suspect making us 5-7 and hopefully no bowl to suffer thru.

And Minny will  be gunning for us - seeing us as their 'opportunity' also. Pathetic as it is.

Most likely to least likely finishes for the NU in my opinion;

1-3 (most likely-no bowl game)

3-2 (very possible- finishing 2-2 and then winning bad bowl game with interim coach)

3-2 (finishing 3-1 and then losing bad bowl game with current coaching staff)

0-4 (Pretty unlikely but possible)

4-1 (Really unlikely- going 4-0 then losing decent bowl game)

5-0 (c'mon man... no way)

6 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

At this point I am cheering for the N on the helmet and those who wear it. I want them to win out because they are Nebraska, not because I want Riley to stay or go. I am not cheering for losses because I want a new coach. Win and move on. When and if there is a new coach, I will root for the Huskers. If it is not the guy I wanted, I will cheer for the Huskers. I cheered during the Bo era every year. I knew he wouldn't take us any farther, but I was hoping he would. I am guessing sans a win out, we will see a new coach. I will take whoever it is and hope we can turn the corner.

GBR

Ditto! When the dust settles we still love our boys. They are still playing football and they are still loyal to their coach until he isn't their coach anymore. I think we sometimes forget that there are young men trying their best to play for the University of Nebraska. Some of these kids have waited their whole lives to be a Husker. They deserve our support. GO BIG RED!

• Plus1 2

7 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

GBR

I wanna see if Shaquon can rush for a 1000 on Fiasco`s "brick by brick best D"(in the Universe) in 1 outting, I`d put money onit.

The new HC issue was decided post NIU loss...I can already taste the Frosty Mug!

Edited by Big Red Commie
46 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Ditto! When the dust settles we still love our boys. They are still playing football and they are still loyal to their coach until he isn't their coach anymore. I think we sometimes forget that there are young men trying their best to play for the University of Nebraska. Some of these kids have waited their whole lives to be a Husker. They deserve our support. GO BIG RED!

I always support the players and I think we have a number of good ones-who havent completely thrown in the towel on Aw Shucks and Crew yet.

Hip hip hoorah!

Edited by Big Red Commie
  • Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Most likely to least likely finishes for the NU in my opinion;

1-3 (most likely-no bowl game)

3-2 (very possible- finishing 2-2 and then winning bad bowl game with interim coach)

3-2 (finishing 3-1 and then losing bad bowl game with current coaching staff)

0-4 (Pretty unlikely but possible)

4-1 (Really unlikely- going 4-0 then losing decent bowl game)

5-0 (c'mon man... no way)

Using actual statistics, it's more likely that NU doesn't make a bowl. So using real stats, the outcomes are

1-3 : 43%

2-2: 28%

0-4: 22%

3-1: 7%

4-0: <1%

Adding the bowl game scenarios in at this point can't be predicted using stats.

Food for thought.

• Plus1 1