Thank-you Bill Moos

TGHusker

I want to take a moment to say Thank-you.  Thank-you Bill Moos.  The hiring of Bill, I believe, will be looked upon as a pivotal moment in NU football history - perhaps only exceeded by the hiring of The BobFather and Tom as head coaches.    My assumption is that he has unofficially hired SF and it will become formal after the AAC CG.

I believe the way he handled the coach search quietly behind the scenes & allowing MR to stay on and finish the season - including the after firing press conference,  places NU in a very favorable light nationally.   NU  looks pretty good at this point assuming SF is hired.  There was no frantic looking @ day 40 of the search like there was wt Peterson.  There is no negativity of firing a 9 win coach as happened wt Bo and Frank.  There was no knee jerk reaction as we've seen in Florida, TN, and UCLA.  In the end, we end up finally with the hottest up and coming coach in football.  So I think we can finally bury the negativity around the previous firing/hires going all the way back to Frank.  The way Moos has handled this situation is all top notch by a mature professional.  I believe we will finally have a united fan base, an  exciting young, visionary coach that great recruits will want to play for and hope that we will return to the Nebraska way, relevance, and become a part of the national conversation once again. :restore

For all of that I want to salute :thumbsand thank Bill Moos.  He handled the whole episode wt class, dignity, wisdom and has clearly embraced NU values and traditions. 

Now it is up to SF to make it happen.  I have no doubts that he will. 

Go Big Red

• Plus1 8

5 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I want to take a moment to say Thank-you.  Thank-you Bill Moos.  The hiring of Bill, I believe, will be looked upon as a pivotal moment in NU football history - perhaps only exceeded by the hiring of The BobFather and Tom as head coaches.    My assumption is that he has unofficially hired SF and it will become formal after the AAC CG.

I believe the way he handled the coach search quietly behind the scenes & allowing MR to stay on and finish the season - including the after firing press conference,  places NU in a very favorable light nationally.   NU  looks pretty good at this point assuming SF is hired.  There was no frantic looking @ day 40 of the search like there was wt Peterson.  There is no negativity of firing a 9 win coach as happened wt Bo and Frank.  There was no knee jerk reaction as we've seen in Florida, TN, and UCLA.  In the end, we end up finally with the hottest up and coming coach in football.  So I think we can finally bury the negativity around the previous firing/hires going all the way back to Frank.  The way Moos has handled this situation is all top notch by a mature professional.  I believe we will finally have a united fan base, an  exciting young, visionary coach that great recruits will want to play for and hope that we will return to the Nebraska way, relevance, and become a part of the national conversation once again. :restore

For all of that I want to salute :thumbsand thank Bill Moos.  He handled the whole episode wt class, dignity, wisdom and has clearly embraced NU values and traditions. 

Now it is up to SF to make it happen.  I have no doubts that he will. 

Go Big Red

Also Mr. Moos, I have discussed things with Dvdcrr and we think that should Scott Frost not become the next head coach you should refund all of our monies. Thank you

2 hours ago, PlzCoolerMe said:

And don’t forget Ronnie and Hank for making the 100% right, but somewhat unconventional hire of Moos in the first place.  GBR!

Exactly. Funny - in a good way - how they found someone who is so much culturally and has the  vision of Nebraska and the NU way.  His background on the ranch and as a OL I think really helped him to catch the spirit of NU.   And :thumbs to Ronnie and Hank for finding the right guy and not just a splash hire.