Nebrasketball Game #22- @ #20 Ohio State (Monday, January 22- 7PM- BTN)

What will the result of the game be?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result of the game be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Ohio State single digit win
    • Ohio State double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/23/2018 at 01:20 AM

15 hours ago, NUance said:

How long have you guys been following Nebrasketball?  This isn't Kansas or Michigan we're talking about.  Or even Purdue.   I can remember a LOT of years where there's no way in hell Nebraska would be tied with a top 15 team on the road with 3:00 minutes left, in a position to possibly win. 

Sure we're not at the top of the B1G.  But we're clearly not in the cellar anymore either.  Am I satisfied to be a middle-of-the-pack B1G team?  No.  But it seems like we're headed in the right direction.  It seems like it to me anyway.  /gets off soapbox.  pours a drink

You hit the nail on the head. You’d think more fans would realize we are still working on building our basketball program. We are doing way better than last year yet for some that’s not good enough. 

Some people need need to attend “managing expectations 101” 

Have we not learned anything from the football team and it’s coaching fiasco?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, pearljammer said:

You hit the nail on the head. You’d think more fans would realize we are still working on building our basketball program. We are doing way better than last year yet for some that’s not good enough. 

This view is so ridiculous. So because we've always been mediocre/bad at something we shouldn't expect better? What other business has this attitude on planet earth? Tim Miles has clearly prove in 6 years here that he cannot develop a competent offensive system/game plan on a regular basis (especially on the road). He blew the game on Monday. I don't know what else to tell you.

What really stands out to me in all the people "defending" Miles is that not one of you has yet to point to a fact or statistical argument yet to back up your claim that he deserves more time in this role. Its just a "well were better than we used to be because the rest of the conference is hot garbage so therefore we shouldn't fire Tim". Nebraska has always and should always have higher standards in their athletic department than that. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, pearljammer said:

6 year rebuilding plan ? Can’t wait for the next 6 years of 500 basketball from Tim miles.  We are no better then the doc Sadler days.  Mr. Rodgers  type coaches hardly win at anything. 

19 hours ago, NUance said:

How long have you guys been following Nebrasketball?  This isn't Kansas or Michigan we're talking about.  Or even Purdue.   I can remember a LOT of years where there's no way in hell Nebraska would be tied with a top 15 team on the road with 3:00 minutes left, in a position to possibly win. 

Sure we're not at the top of the B1G.  But we're clearly not in the cellar anymore either.  Am I satisfied to be a middle-of-the-pack B1G team?  No.  But it seems like we're headed in the right direction.  It seems like it to me anyway.  /gets off soapbox.  pours a drink

You de realize Mr Rodgers has a sub 500 coaching record at Nebraska after the mirage of the first year. Can you explain how we are headed in the right way ?  We still can’t beat anyone that’s anyone, we still have close games with horrible teams, see UTSA.  3/4 of the game the ball never gets into the paint it’s just passed around the 3 point line, some kind of a weird 3 man weave from the 3 point line.  If we are happy with a middle of the pack team with the a trip to the nit every few years and once every ten year we make the dance is ok, why did they spend all that money to build a new arena ?  

10 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

This view is so ridiculous. So because we've always been mediocre/bad at something we shouldn't expect better? What other business has this attitude on planet earth? Tim Miles has clearly prove in 6 years here that he cannot develop a competent offensive system/game plan on a regular basis (especially on the road). He blew the game on Monday. I don't know what else to tell you.

What really stands out to me in all the people "defending" Miles is that not one of you has yet to point to a fact or statistical argument yet to back up your claim that he deserves more time in this role. Its just a "well were better than we used to be because the rest of the conference is hot garbage so therefore we shouldn't fire Tim". Nebraska has always and should always have higher standards in their athletic department than that. 

A Tim Miles coached team brought us to the tourney. Last time since then was 20 years. There’s a stat for you. 

8 hours ago, pearljammer said:

A Tim Miles coached team brought us to the tourney. Last time since then was 20 years. There’s a stat for you. 

Every Tim Miles coached team has had a record under .500 since that tournament appearance 4 years ago, and he hasn’t made the postseason since. You also know, the one tournament appearance we made that we got throttled from the get go by a team with a superior coach? 

Edited by seaofred92
1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

Every Tim Miles coached team has had a record under .500 since that tournament appearance 4 years ago, and he hasn’t made the postseason since. You also know, the one tournament appearance we made that we got throttled from the get go by a team with a superior coach? 

Didn't go below .500 in 2014 and we aren't doing that this year either.

50 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Correct. Hence the "Since that tournament appearance four years ago" comment. Reading comprehension is a great skill to have. 

It’s like no one will even give Miles any credit for 2014. If nothing else he has raised the bar of expectations. No other coach since Danny Nee have we had any kind of expectations. 

As as for the pettiness from some of you on the board here, I’m done with you all!! Have fun in your misery, I choose to support this team and the Coach. GBR

• Plus1 1