Obama Could've Expelled Cruz But Let Kill Students. Re Skin Color?

Just now, knapplc said:

What law allows schools to remove students who own guns? I'm genuinely curious, because about half the kids in Nebraska's rural schools are facing expulsion if this is an actual law.

Growing up in SD, we all had guns in our cars and pickups so when we got off school we could go pheasant or rabbit hunting - or kill what ever we caught in our traps (pretty bad if it was a skunk).

Answer to the question - no law allow schools to remove students who own guns.

• Plus1 2

Just now, The Finger said:

That's a joke, right? Did half the threaten to kill like Cruz did? AND were they tossed in and out of schools in their district AND was the FBI called on these Nebraska kids?

Which law.

Just now, TGHusker said:

Answer to the question - no law allow schools to remove students who own guns.

Yes.  We'll see how long it takes to admit that from our new friend.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, The Finger said:

You guys need to refresh more. I answered above. Now answer me this - what law would stopped this shooting? 

No, you posted a link to a Dear Colleague letter. That's not a law. 

What law allows schools to remove students who own guns?

• Plus1 4

2 minutes ago, The Finger said:

You've linked an MOU (Memo Of Understanding). 

Once again, this is not a law. 

I'll ask for the third time (fourth?):  What law allows schools to remove students who own guns?

• Plus1 2
Just now, The Finger said:

You guys need to refresh more. I answered above. Now answer me this - what law would have stopped this shooting? 

No law is 100% fool proof, crime proof, etc.  As stupid people will do stupid things, Sick people will do sick things.  God gave us the commandment not to kill. But people kill in spite of the commandment and the consequences.  So your question is off base. 

We should be asking what legal restrictions can we place on gun ownership and use, that will most effectively protect the people's 2nd amendment rights while also protecting

due process, and public safety in this modern society (society changes and laws have to change with it)??

The proper question is:  Are current gun laws sufficient in protecting modern society as written today?  The answer is obvious to any thinking person. I'm a believer in the 2nd amendment and am a strict constitutional conservative at my core.  But I will not carry water for the NRA and politicians who do so show me they have no depth of soul. 

• Plus1 3

Further more, we are a democratic society by tradition and by choice.  One cannot frame a question that would ask what specific law that would stop this shooting - this is a dishonest and thoughtless question to ask in a free society like ours.  Now if we lived in a very totalitarian society, it would be easier to answer.  Take all guns and freedoms away from the people. However even that would not stop this shooting - it may have turned into a bombing or some other terrible act.   So the question is a non-starter.  Again, an honest question would be what laws can we enact that would reduce the incidences for this type of shooting while upholding the traditions of a free society.  If you want to just carry water for the NRA - you will ask the wrong questions. If you really care for our society, you would re-frame the question. Then we can have a policy debate and discussion. 

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

One cannot frame a question that would ask what specific law that would stop this shooting - this is a dishonest and thoughtless question to ask in a free society like ours. 

That's not the implication of the thread. The thread is implying that such a law exists, and that (apparently?) Obama is in charge of executing said law, and that the fact that Cruz wasn't expelled (except he was) is Obama's fault.

I'm guessing there's some article somewhere (Brietbart?) that suggests Obama himself should have come to Parkland and expelled Cruz (even though he was, in fact, expelled) and that, somehow, would have prevented this shooting.

Thanks Obama?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That's not the implication of the thread. The thread is implying that such a law exists, and that (apparently?) Obama is in charge of executing said law, and that the fact that Cruz wasn't expelled (except he was) is Obama's fault.

I'm guessing there's some article somewhere (Brietbart?) that suggests Obama himself should have come to Parkland and expelled Cruz (even though he was, in fact, expelled) and that, somehow, would have prevented this shooting.

Thanks Obama?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BOOM! IMPEACH OBAMA! :bang

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Thanks Obama?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

25 minutes ago, The Finger said:

You guys need to refresh more. I answered above. Now answer me this - what law would have stopped this shooting? 

Knapp I agree that isn't the implication of the thread and I agree with where you are going wt your post copied above.  However, the Finger did try  a 'gotcha question'  to redirect us and get us off his tail with the "which law would have stopped this shooting? question.   Thus my reply to him. 

I would encourage him to ask honest questions that would be applicable to our society if he wants a real discussion on policy and not a non-starter like the one he asked. 

• Plus1 1