Incognito back on the field

It’s been almost three years since Richie Incognito has been able to strap on the pads and helmet and step onto a football field. But, like any other activity requiring muscle memory, it still comes natural to the Rams’ young offensive lineman.

“For me, it’s just like getting back on a bike,” Incognito said. “It’s just so much fun being out here with the guys. When you are on IR it’s a tough deal. You are kind of like an outsider, you feel like you are on the outside looking in just sitting on the sidelines trying to get a feel for everything.”

stlouisrams.com story

I lost total respect for this guy. Though I never wish bad luck or harm on anyone, I just hope this guy has learned from his past and can make some noise in St. Louie.

I wish the best of luck to him...for some reason I always have liked him through thick and thin. Might seem crazy, but thats just me...

I loved the toughness and desire - but ultimately he seemed to do the Huskers more harm than good. In the NFL, it's a question whether you can play, not whether you're a good citizen, and the guy can play when healthy, so I suspect he'll have a good career - unless he beats someone to death. Entirely too possible, unfortunately...

Do you think that he was dissappointed when he got his six digit check for not really doing anything last year. Granted, he is a football player and loves the game, but not playing last year and getting paid had to be 100 times better than getting kicked off of two football teams ( I am including Oregon even though he wasn't really on the team) and having no income at all.

He is back until he flips out again !

He'll be all right this time...if not then he might end up flippin' burgers.

I wouldn't be too sure of that - while the NFL has seemed to reduced its tolerance for bad characters, the fact remains that talent will get you a lot more than just a second chance...

“For me, it’s just like getting back on a bike,” Incognito said. “It’s just so much fun being out here with the guys. When you are on IR it’s a tough deal. You are kind of like an outsider, you feel like you are on the outside looking in just sitting on the sidelines trying to get a feel for everything.”

"fun" like roiding out and kicking your own teammate's asses, or "fun" like sparing them and doing it on your own time down at the bars?!?

*sshole. :angry:

• 1 month later...