The Danger of Hype

On 5/11/2018 at 8:12 PM, Making Chimichangas said:

For the record, I think only a small, single-digit, percentage of Husker fans were truly "hyped" about Tanner Lee.  Most were, I think, looking to Patrick O'Brien to win the job.

I too believe a small percentage of Husker fans were truly 'hyped' on Lee, however, I'm not so sure about the POB part. POB was MR's first QB recruited for his system which applied a modicum of expectations, however, Lee's status as a grad transfer almost immediately cemented the notion in my mind that he would ultimately be the starter. I always had the feeling that's how most people felt, as well, but that's completely anecdotal on my part.

16 hours ago, Enhance said:

I too believe a small percentage of Husker fans were truly 'hyped' on Lee, however, I'm not so sure about the POB part. POB was MR's first QB recruited for his system which applied a modicum of expectations, however, Lee's status as a grad transfer almost immediately cemented the notion in my mind that he would ultimately be the starter. I always had the feeling that's how most people felt, as well, but that's completely anecdotal on my part.

That's as reasonable of a take as anything else so... :dunno