La Tech game on national TV

let me explain...I was on my honeymoon in Aruba during the NU/A&M game in '02. Little did I know that I could've watched it in my hotel at 2AM...but i digress. I still haven't got to see the comeback in College Station...a highlight on an otherwise dim season...(NU lost to OSU on my wedding day) thank god I'm still married  :lol:

I was on my honeymoon in Cozumel when NU tanked 70-10 to Tech. :bang

I wonder what the tally is for Husker fans getting married during bye weeks?

I look forward to seeing any and all games on TV and it will be sweet to see the season opener.

Best wishes to you Husker Rob!!

There was NO DOUBT we were getting married on nothing short of an away game weekend. This actually wasn't all my doing, though. My wife is smart enough to realize that attendance would be down if our blessed day took place on a home game weekend. (Her spouse included ;) ) It really is sad that it comes down to this. But then again, it really isn't. That is the way it is in Nebraska. I had 4 groomsman. 3 of them had MP3 players and radios listening to the NU/OSU game before the ceremony. They even ASKED my wife if it was cool, so that's how great they, and my girl, are.

My wife still laughs about our honeymoon. We ended up on a drunk sunset cruise with two couples from Cedar Rapids, Iowa and just got lit up. It was great, until I realized the next morning that our hotel showed the NU/A&M game, and I had no idea. My wife thanks the Iowans. I say it was a conspiracy. Damn Hawkeyes :bat

let me explain...I was on my honeymoon in Aruba during the NU/A&M game in '02. Little did I know that I could've watched it in my hotel at 2AM...but i digress. I still haven't got to see the comeback in College Station...a highlight on an otherwise dim season...(NU lost to OSU on my wedding day) thank god I'm still married  :lol:

I was on my honeymoon in Cozumel when NU tanked 70-10 to Tech. :bang

I look forward to seeing any and all games on TV and it will be sweet to see the season opener.

Best wishes to you Husker Rob!!

me and my wife made sure it was on a bye week...sept. 23 last year :thumbs

Sweet one less pay-per view bill!!! :thumbs

Oh absoultely! I only order 1 PPV game a year and the last 2 seasons have been the season openers (W. Illinois and Maine). So I missed the Kansas (2004) and Baylor (2005) games on PPV and since I might be going to the Nicholls State game (which I assume would be on PPV) I might be able to order that elusive 2nd PPV game! :thumbs

I was on my honeymoon in Cozumel when NU tanked 70-10 to Tech.  :bang

real husker fans don't get married in the fall....period.

Real husker fans would get married on a game day with a Husker theme and TV's on at the reception. The groom would be wearing a red tux and the bride would wear a traditional whit dress. The groomsmen would wear black and the Bridesmaids would be dressed as Husker chearleaders.

I was on my honeymoon in Cozumel when NU tanked 70-10 to Tech.  :bang

real husker fans don't get married in the fall....period.

Real husker fans would get married on a game day with a Husker theme and TV's on at the reception. The groom would be wearing a red tux and the bride would wear a traditional whit dress. The groomsmen would wear black and the Bridesmaids would be dressed as Husker chearleaders.

:rollin:clap