Ohio State Week Pressers

Mavric

Jovan Dewitt: "Regardless of if it's the Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers, Michigan, Ohio State, we just want to get better every week. So it's not a function of who we play, it's how we play."

I long for a time when our coaches quit setting Michigan and Ohio State up on an unbeatable pedestal. I know his last sentence didn't do that but he put NFL teams in the same breath. Ryan Held did the same thing with his Ivan Drago comment. That doesn't seem like a good psychological plan to me. He should've added some crap team to that list like the Browns or UTEP.

45 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Jovan Dewitt: "Regardless of if it's the Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers, Michigan, Ohio State, we just want to get better every week. So it's not a function of who we play, it's how we play."

I long for a time when our coaches quit setting Michigan and Ohio State up on an unbeatable pedestal. I know his last sentence didn't do that but he put NFL teams in the same breath. Ryan Held did the same thing with his Ivan Drago comment. That doesn't seem like a good psychological plan to me. He should've added some crap team to that list like the Browns or UTEP.

I think you are missing the point entirely....and yes it's a great idea to compare our upcoming, already salty opponent to horrible teams to fire them up even more /s

57 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Rocky beat Ivan Drago.  So unless he thinks he coaches a team of Apollo Creeds I'll have to let that one slide

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, HIHusker said:

I think you are missing the point entirely....and yes it's a great idea to compare our upcoming, already salty opponent to horrible teams to fire them up even more /s

Nah, I’m not.

If you’re talking about preparing for the next opponent the same regardless of who it is, you don’t list 2 really good college football teams and then a couple NFL teams if you want the point to make any sense at all and not make it seem like you’re saying the college team will be almost impossible to beat. 

Maybe you should listen to Scott Frost talking about preparing for Bethune-Cookman.

8 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Rocky beat Ivan Drago.  So unless he thinks he coaches a team of Apollo Creeds I'll have to let that one slide

That was supposed to have been a miracle. It shouldn’t be the attitude of our coaches (at least out loud) that beating any opponent requires a miracle.

11 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Nah, I’m not.

If you’re talking about preparing for the next opponent the same regardless of who it is, you don’t list 2 really good college football teams and then a couple NFL teams if you want the point to make any sense at all and not make it seem like you’re saying the college team will be almost impossible to beat. 

Maybe you should listen to Scott Frost talking about preparing for Bethune-Cookman.

That was supposed to have been a miracle. It shouldn’t be the attitude of our coaches (at least out loud) that beating any opponent requires a miracle.

Only people who thought Rocky couldn't win was the media and the commie Russians.  Rocky was world champ.  You dont agree to fight in Russia and have to train in a barn if you think you can't win.  Plus my sources say the huskers have been training with yokes from ox carts and piles of rocks 

• Plus1 1