20 minutes ago, GSG said:

I tried keeping it somewhat professional for a while: golf shirt and shorts in the summer, golf shirt and jeans but I'm never on camera so I stopped. 

I had a job where it wasn't in policy that you couldn't have a beard, but it was well known that the bank president hated it and would make a big stink about it. However, mustaches were OK :blink:

I was offered a principal job (shocking, i know), and one of my bosses at the time was like "if you take it you are to be in. a jacket and tie everyday"

I was just like, why?  I work with kids.

• Plus1 1
57 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am not sure if there is anything ever that has the same negative stigma attached to it as jeans.

Like, this crazy idea that if you wear jeans you are "bad" or won't work or are not professional.  

You can throw hats and tennis shoes on the list oh and for women, leggings.  Good lord, just let us dress like we want to dress.

My last school had a "beard" policy.  I technically had to be "clean shaven"

What subject(s) do you teach?  Private or public schools?

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.thecollegefix.com/marriage-promotes-white-supremacy-george-mason-professor/

:facepalm: why do we pay these people?

“I theorize that marriage fundamentalism, like structural racism, is a key structuring element of White heteropatriarchal supremacy,” Professor Bethany Letiecq wrote in the Journal of Marriage and Family.

“Marriage fundamentalism can be understood as an ideological and cultural phenomenon, where adherents espouse the superiority of the two-parent married family,”

• TBH 2

37 minutes ago, nic said:

https://www.thecollegefix.com/marriage-promotes-white-supremacy-george-mason-professor/

“I theorize that marriage fundamentalism, like structural racism, is a key structuring element of White heteropatriarchal supremacy,” Professor Bethany Letiecq wrote in the Journal of Marriage and Family.

“Marriage fundamentalism can be understood as an ideological and cultural phenomenon, where adherents espouse the superiority of the two-parent married family,”

Everything is somehow racist to the Left.  Unfortunately.  

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, nic said:

Decolonization of sex is part of the playbook.