12 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This would be much more comparable to anti-war protestors in the Vietnam era randomly shouting hate speech at white people and black people because they didn't support US troops....

It's disgusting and nuts!

"Baby killer!'  Proceeds to spit on a 19 year old that was drafted to go fight.  

• TBH 1

4 hours ago, nic said:

Where are these people coming from? I am beginning to wonder if the organization of these protests are from groups external to the schools. They are certainly finding willing participants though. It's breaking out at Yale. 

https://abc7chicago.com/nyc-mayor-says-hes-horrified-by-antisemitism-at-columbia-univers/14714002/

https://www.foxnews.com/us/anti-israel-yale-protesters-joining-columbia-students-in-tear-down-our-society-ivy-league-movement-law-prof

If I had to guess, the same place the nutjob Biden didn't win protests came from. The Kremlin.

• TBH 2
13 minutes ago, ZRod said:

If I had to guess, the same place the nutjob Biden didn't win protests came from. The Kremlin.

TikTok has proven to be a driving force for Gen Z’s Pro Pal stances. Who runs TikTok? Who would want to sow discord amongst Dems and prevent American youth from turning out for Biden? Who would benefit from global sentiment turning against Israel?

It’s pretty easy to draw conclusions about how China, Iran and Russia can influence folks here. We can pretend it’s only Boomers and Facebook memes, but the reality is the reach is far easier and more impactful than we realize. Propaganda works. 

• TBH 1

Just now, Fru said:

TikTok has proven to be a driving force for Gen Z’s Pro Pal stances. Who runs TikTok? Who would want to sow discord amongst Dems and prevent American youth from turning out for Biden? Who would benefit from global sentiment turning against Israel?

It’s pretty easy to draw conclusions about how China, Iran and Russia can influence folks here. We can pretend it’s only Boomers and Facebook memes, but the reality is the reach is far easier and more impactful than we realize. Propaganda works. 

Interesting and probably pretty accurate!

My TikTok is all cooking videos and I have not really seen Pro-Pally stuff on MY TikTok but I supposed once you see one and watch it all the way through or "like" it, the algorithm is going to show you more and more. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Interesting and probably pretty accurate!

My TikTok is all cooking videos and I have not really seen Pro-Pally stuff on MY TikTok but I supposed once you see one and watch it all the way through or "like" it, the algorithm is going to show you more and more. 

Precisely. Doesn’t take much for the algorithm to kick in and put you in an endless echo chamber. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Fru said:

Precisely. Doesn’t take much for the algorithm to kick in and put you in an endless echo chamber. 

That is why I end up watching videos about chicken breasts in the crockpot.

There was someone that was posting videos of North Korea from China, I think.  It was really interesting to see just how horrible NK really is.

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Good thing the law is holding people accountable.   
One kinda funny piece to this, I’m quite certain that one or more of the people who liked your post, also constantly rag on the source the news story comes from :D

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

That is why I end up watching videos about chicken breasts in the crockpot.

There was someone that was posting videos of North Korea from China, I think.  It was really interesting to see just how horrible NK really is.

Proof the algorithm for “breasts” needs fixed. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ZRod said:

I noticed some of protestors in the videos are wearing surgical masks. In some shots it looked like half. At NYU, they started chanting against the racist police. It makes me wonder if these are the same defund the police agitators and virtue signaling masks wearers from 2020. Sometimes, when you create the monster, you have deal with it.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
3 hours ago, nic said:

I noticed some of protestors in the videos are wearing surgical masks. In some shots it looked like half. At NYU, they started chanting against the racist police. It makes me wonder if these are the same defund the police agitators and virtue signaling masks wearers from 2020. Sometimes, when you create the monster, you have deal with it.

Yes, it must all be a part of the Cabal!

• Plus1 1