**Official 2019 Mariners/Mets Misery Thread**

Xmas32

I guess that's the way this season should end.  Bullpen blows the save in the 9th, Braves score two in the top of the 11th.  Then the Mets hit a walk-off three-run homer to end the season. 

Just being average out of the pen gets them in the playoffs.  Or the Brewers not winning 18 out of 20 down the stretch.

On 9/29/2019 at 6:57 PM, Mavric said:

I guess that's the way this season should end.  Bullpen blows the save in the 9th, Braves score two in the top of the 11th.  Then the Mets hit a walk-off three-run homer to end the season. 

Just being average out of the pen gets them in the playoffs.  Or the Brewers not winning 18 out of 20 down the stretch.

Honeslty Familia and Diaz alone cost us a playoff spot. Soooo many blown games. They were both hot garbage.

But, they still finished 10 games above .500. Definitely trending up - it's not like the nucleus of the team isn't talented. They've just got to find a decent 5th starter (and another if they trade Thor) and figure out how to reshuffle the bullpen. They do that, and find a way to maximize talent in other areas, and they'll be a playoff contender next year.

Just now, Danny Bateman said:

Honeslty Familia and Diaz alone cost us a playoff spot. Soooo many blown games. They were both hot garbage.

But, they still finished 10 games above .500. Definitely trending up - it's not like the nucleus of the team isn't talented. They've just got to find a decent 5th starter (and another if they trade Thor) and figure out how to reshuffle the bullpen. They do that, and find a way to maximize talent in other areas, and they'll be a playoff contender next year.

I actually think they're probably fine with the rotation.

I'd say just get Diaz back to somewhere close to where he was but I'd hate to count on that.  Need one more arm in the pen and one more bat.

Any idea if Cespedes has any chance of being back to normal next year?

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I actually think they're probably fine with the rotation.

I'd say just get Diaz back to somewhere close to where he was but I'd hate to count on that.  Need one more arm in the pen and one more bat.

Any idea if Cespedes has any chance of being back to normal next year?

No idea with Cespedes. Better to just not count on him and if he comes back it's gravy. He's been so out of the spotlight since his surgery, but it sounds like his heels were pretty jacked up. He could still probably be a fine DH but I'd be concerned about the defense.

I think Brodie's got to try to justify the Diaz trade now and selling low seems dumb. I still wonder if he was pitching with a bum elbow. No idea what happens with Cano.

The problem I see it with the roster right now is that no one besides Alonso, Rosario and Ramos have a defensive position locked down. Lots of talented guys but logjams everywhere. And we have no idea who could get traded.

23 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

No idea with Cespedes. Better to just not count on him and if he comes back it's gravy. He's been so out of the spotlight since his surgery, but it sounds like his heels were pretty jacked up. He could still probably be a fine DH but I'd be concerned about the defense.

I think Brodie's got to try to justify the Diaz trade now and selling low seems dumb. I still wonder if he was pitching with a bum elbow. No idea what happens with Cano.

The problem I see it with the roster right now is that no one besides Alonso, Rosario and Ramos have a defensive position locked down. Lots of talented guys but logjams everywhere. And we have no idea who could get traded.

Yeah, I'm not counting on Cespedes in the slightest.  I was just curious if anyone had said that he has any chance or what his status was.

I think they'll have to try to get Diaz back to some former form.  Maybe jettison Familia and get another guy who could be a closer if needed or a setup guy if Diaz can get back to form.  Basically a low-end closer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Welp, it's official. The Mets have their man.

Interesting in that I thought he was less likely to get the job than Bogar or Perez at this point given their coaching experience. I'm fine with Girardi to the Phillies because he apparently wasn't a good fit and it'd be funny if his hyper-intense personality clashes with Harper's.

Adored Beltran as a player. He was one of the best Mets I've had the pleasure to watch. Despite that Game 6 strikeout :lol: No managing experience but apparently he's a genius with what he sees from the dugout & has a ton of respect from players. I'm pumped!

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...