Nebraska hasn't scored a point in overtime in five years - five overtimes

knapplc

1 minute ago, lincoln84 said:

Where was the curse on Alex Henry’s field goal against CU? Or Suh’s INT? No curse. 

Those 2 incredible plays were needed to beat a cu team that wasn't that good.

Don't get me wrong, I love that win as much as anyone, but The Curse of Black Friday was looming that year when Oklahoma smeared us all over their field and Joey Ganz was intercepted in yet another OT loss to Texas Tech.

Some good things have happened since Black Friday, sure, but we've still been irrelevant, several years downright bad. There's always injuries, penalties, dumb mistakes, or bad coaching that pushes us further down the hole of suck.

When we win a conference title, somehow, some way, possibly in our lifetime, then the Curse will indeed be broken.

9 hours ago, Jeremy said:

The worst part is I'm not sure how or when it'll be broken; what will need to be done to appease the Football Gods so they will lift this dreadful curse...

An identity like Wisconsin. Who took it from us. 

No more hybrid. You’re either downhill or a space team. Doesn’t matter by formation but you can’t teach both. It’s just so counter productive.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Jeremy said:

Those 2 incredible plays were needed to beat a cu team that wasn't that good.

Don't get me wrong, I love that win as much as anyone, but The Curse of Black Friday was looming that year when Oklahoma smeared us all over their field and Joey Ganz was intercepted in yet another OT loss to Texas Tech.

Some good things have happened since Black Friday, sure, but we've still been irrelevant, several years downright bad. There's always injuries, penalties, dumb mistakes, or bad coaching that pushes us further down the hole of suck.

When we win a conference title, somehow, some way, possibly in our lifetime, then the Curse will indeed be broken.

I did a stat thing long ago when Pelini was coach about what Nebraska’s record was against teams that lose 5 games or less in a given year. It was ATTROCIOUS!

it would obviously be even worse now. 

• Plus1 1
21 hours ago, FTW said:

Hard to say it's the offense' fault when they put up 31 points and the defense allows 34 in an entire 2nd half.

The defense held up their end of the bargain until they literally couldn't anymore. The offense held up their end of the bargain for two quarters, then came out accomplishing nothing whatsoever and completely leaving the defense out to dry.

If we had even half the offensive effectiveness and efficiency to start the 2nd half, Noah Vedral would've been the quarterback in the 4th quarter and the defense wouldn't have allowed half that many points. Like, you say it's hard to blame them because they put up 31 points, but it's hard to blame the defense when they dominated Colorado plenty long enough for the O to put the game out of reach. 

• Plus1 3
21 hours ago, FTW said:

Hard to say it's the offense' fault when they put up 31 points and the defense allows 34 in an entire 2nd half.

Not just the 2nd half.  They gave up 34 points in around 16-17 minutes of play. (little over one quarter).

But....the offense doesn't get the pass on this.  In that last quarter, the defense was gassed due to the offense being totally inept in the 3rd quarter.  You sustain a drive or two in the 3rd and have one or two scores, and this game ends totally different.

• Plus1 1