Most exciting games of the season?

I think the USC game will be the most exciting game of the season for the Big Red. Big Red fans will outnumber the Trojan fans, and make for a great atmosphere. A close game, with Taylor and the Blackshirts shining will thrust the Huskers into the national spotlight. A great game all around will end in a 27-21 win.

I'm also looking at the Texas game in Lincoln. Potentially the biggest crowd ever at Memorial Stadium with the expansion will be a defensive slugfest. The young QB(s) of Texas will struggle, and Carriker will get numerous sacks in a 17-13 final.

These are the games that I think will be the best of '06. Thoughts...Predictions?

Yeah, but you've got to remember the Notre Dame game in 2000. Husker fans almost outnumbered the Golden Domers with 35,000+. That was in South Bend, Indiana. This game will be in L.A. There are so many things to do on any night, let alone Saturday night in L.A. With the expectations Husker fans have for the upcoming season, they will be paying big time cash for tickets and casual Trojan fans will hand them over. You could be right, but personally I think there will be a lot of Husker fans in the city, thus more in the stadium.

Yeah, there will be big time recruits there looking at both teams in L.A., mainly USC. This could be huge for the Huskers if they win because a lot of recruits could suddenly put the Huskers on their list. This and the Texas game could open some eyes of the big time recruits.

We will have a good number of fans but comparing it to Notre Dame is not realistic. SC figures they will be the NC this year. Notre Dame was in the middle of a losing era. SC is in the middle of thier strongest years for a long time.

We will get a good number there, but we will not come close to outnumbering them. They have near sell outs the last 5 years for every game. They will not be selling off their tickets like Notre Dame did. Most are scrambling to get tickets now.

I think the SC game is the most important. If we win that game, Katty bar the door. First major road win by BC, against a current power. It will give the kids confidence beyond imagination. It will motivate them to play harder every single game from then on out.

Give me SC, Texas will follow!!!!! Lose to SC, Texas gains confidence and we lose some.

I think the SC game is the most important. If we win that game, Katty bar the door. First major road win by BC, against a current power. It will give the kids confidence beyond imagination. It will motivate them to play harder every single game from then on out.

Give me SC, Texas will follow!!!!! Lose to SC, Texas gains confidence and we lose some.

that's pretty much the way i see it too....

hunter

I think this Husker team could be like the Sooners of 2000. They started the season at the 20th spot, near or at where the Huskers will start in 06. Though they didn't have a big non-conference game early, they faced #11 Texas and won, then faced #2 Kansas Strate and won vaulting them into national contention as the Huskers could do this year. Eventually they played the #1 Huskers, which the Big Red could see in either USC, Texas, or both since the games are seperated by a few weeks. A late tough game at Texas A&M turned into a close win, then winning the annual rivalry game with OSU, before the Big XII title and national championship. That was Stoops' second year, while this is Callahan's third. They had a juco qb who was a senior and a dominent defense that didn't allow a point in the title game (the special teams did with a safety). It's amazing how many similarites both these teams have with schedule, players, and coaches. However it will be interesting to see if the Huskers can use their talent and defense and get it done on the field. I think they can. Go Huskers!

I think the USC game will be the most exciting game...

I'm also looking at the Texas game in Lincoln.

These are the games that I think will be the best of '06. Thoughts...Predictions?

Me too. Two best games for sure.

Prediction?

I predict NU will lose both in closely contested games. Too many weapons on those teams to overcome. However, NU will play OU for the Big12 title. JMO. :horns2

I think the USC game will be the most exciting game...

I'm also looking at the Texas game in Lincoln.

Me too. Two best games for sure.

Prediction?

I predict NU will lose both in closely contested games. Too many weapons on those teams to overcome. However, NU will play OU for the Big12 title. JMO. :horns2

I hope your wrong...may not be....but I hope you are!