Linebackers-Talent or communication?

lo country

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Figured the film work shows something broken down we haven't seen.....We all watch the games and see the obvious miscues, offense, defense, special teams, but I like the film break down.....That's just me.  Adds something more than just the clanging gong of complaining.....

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I actually enjoy these types of articles.  It gets specific into what is happening on the field.  It's better than a bunch of us just sitting around typing how miserable we are.

Sorry guys. These types of articles are nice and do help explain in more detail what we maybe only notice on the surface. My comment was made in exasperation of the recent lack of any good news and the continued proof and complaining of where we are deficient. It just gets exhausting when nothing is even close to being up to snuff. Sorry, I'd be better off if I just didn't read these things right now.

One thing that is very clear in all of this is reminding me of comments I remember seeing over the last 20 years.  Fans think some dude on the bench is a stud and should be playing.  The answer would be that they are having a hard time grasping the system.  Some fans would say...."F*** that....just put the best athletes on the field and turn them loose."

Well....what we are seeing is the problem when those players don't know the system and/or they don't play within it.

It's not good enough to just put the best athletes on the field.  To be successful, they have to be good athletes AND know and play within the system.

• Plus1 4
49 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Sorry guys. These types of articles are nice and do help explain in more detail what we maybe only notice on the surface. My comment was made in exasperation of the recent lack of any good news and the continued proof and complaining of where we are deficient. It just gets exhausting when nothing is even close to being up to snuff. Sorry, I'd be better off if I just didn't read these things right now.

I get that.  I'm ready for something positive to come out....Maybe this weekend, things finally click and we have 4 quarters if competent football. Again, I just like film break down.  Explains the how we are the the why are we question.  I really miss the positive film on the O chalk talk has done in the past.  Have they stopped or nothing to show?  We can't help it.  Been so many years of bad, I'm becoming numb to it.  Not apathetic, just numb......Things have got to turn though.  At least with articles like these, improvement does seem possible.

57 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I still feel we need to make adjustments in our overall scheme defensively which is on Chinander.  Still seems to me that instead of simply playing and reacting this year's D is a lot like 2AM seems to also look this year.  Like they're all thinking too much instead of just reacting.

Guys just pressing too much?  Trying to over compensate for guys not knowing their keys/covering for guys they don't trust to make plays...

Nice to see JoJo own up.  I'm guessing blacked out is like tunnel vision?

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Caliborn72 said:

FWIW, everything I’ve heard and read says Barry absolutely is a great leader for this team. Sometimes ILBs make mistakes because they don’t trust others around them to stick to their assignments. He has to be better, but I don’t believe “want to” is an issue for him.

Honas has always had some issues with his responsibilities in this defense, dating back to his first camp here with us. He’s been described as missile that the coaches try to keep guided as much as possible.

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

One thing that is very clear in all of this is reminding me of comments I remember seeing over the last 20 years.  Fans think some dude on the bench is a stud and should be playing.  The answer would be that they are having a hard time grasping the system.  Some fans would say...."F*** that....just put the best athletes on the field and turn them loose."

Well....what we are seeing is the problem when those players don't know the system and/or they don't play within it.

It's not good enough to just put the best athletes on the field.  To be successful, they have to be good athletes AND know and play within the system.

I believe this is a lot of what's going on with Barry and very likely  others.  There is no trust that the other guy is going to do his job so they are playing outside the system.

There was an article I remember reading when Crick and Suh were playing together and there was a game where Crick did something on a play and Suh asked him what he was doing and Crick said he was trying to help Suh make a play.  Suh said don't do anything to make me look good just do your job. 

Just as quoted above, Jojo trying to make a play instead of doing his job when if he would have done his job he likely would have made the play.  As one of the all time greats if not the GOAT coaches says "JUST DO YOUR JOB".

• Plus1 5