Sellout Streak

Husker03

7 hours ago, Stormandy said:

Does the streak help with building the team? No it really does not. 

I'd argue that as a testament to one of the only things that makes the program noteworthy, it actually may be one of the most important things that helps rebuild the team.  No, the streak in itself is not that cool, but it does represent a level of fan support that is unrivaled in college football. If we are counting on our downhill skiing or surfing as the basis to fuel the rebuild, well, lets just say I'd rather take our chances with our sellout streak card.

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 1

16 hours ago, Stormandy said:

Does the streak help with building the team? No it really does not. So I really couldn't care if the streak continues. I am tired of hearing how artificial the streak is. I don't know if it is real or propped up by boosters. I just want to start over and see the rebuilding. Yes the rebuilding will be painful and probably slower than the fan base will accept. Just accept the fact we are terrible, quit worshipping streaks that are meaningless at this point, and move forward.

9a1bad7baded577d7eb2523e9c4a6bc80547b721

So emo, bruh.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

Regardless of whether any schools sellout streak is "real", it seems to me that most teams that I've seen on TV that are under performing to a tune of multiple losing seasons do not fill their stadiums like in Lincoln. Heck, some colleges sell a set of season tickets for the price of a single game Husker ticket (before any of UNL's mandatory donations). Some teams have very successful seasons and still have abysmal fan attendance.

Are there any other schools that have had this many poor years in close proximity to each other and kept their attendance anywhere near ours? 

I'd think our fan support itself would help sell to recruits and help with building the team.

• Plus1 3